cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working

N/A

Not working

My internet connection is working, but yet again I cannot connect to many websites. 'Please check the name and try again' is the usual message.
Am I being dumb for puting up with this poor service?
I think so...
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Not working

Hi Bob,

As I'm sure you can understand, this is not a problem being experianced by the majority of our customers. There are many reasons this could be happening, but one thing you could try is to manually set the IP address for the DNS servers in your TCP/IP networking configuration. If you could try entering the followig details, which are some new DNS servers we are currently testing; 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50

I am pretty sure that the problem you are experiancing would be the same on any ISP you use as the vast majority of ADSL problems at the ISP side would be experainced by everyone equally (And we have going on for 30,000 ADSL customers!).

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support

N/A

But why should I need to be adjusting my settings for something that usually works OK?

That's a bit like a garage telling me to use a different type of petrol in my car because it's misfiring, but it always been fine with the other petrol before...

Anyway, I have been seeing the problem again today so I have tried the different DNS and it's now OK.

Seems a strange way to get around the problem though.

Best regards.
N/A

> Seems a strange way to get around the problem though.
>

Hi Bob,

We are changing these setup details for all customers due to problems with our original server. This is a one off fix which should improve performance for everyone.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
FOL Customer Support