cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 6600

N/A

Nokia 6600

Hi guys with this phone u get a pc suite. How do i connect to this. Is it via a blue tooth connection thing or data cable. Any 1 help me
5 REPLIES
N/A

Nokia 6600

Get a bluetooth dongle, prices range from £20-50ish
N/A

Nokia 6600

Or if you have a laptop connect by IR, works pretty quick.

PC suite can be a bit choosy with Bluetooth, I can't get it working properly with my 7650

Jeff
N/A

Nokia 6600

can connect both ways
either via IR or Bluetooth

for IR you may need the Windows OS to load the IR files.

but nokia data suite (NDS) is bit doggy...

if u get bluetooth is small and handy,compare with IR (i think now u can get a smaller size for IR)

P.S bluetooth one is ON,everyone who have bluetooth they can connect you device...like wireless
But IR just kinda direct connect with in the range of 5-10m the max!
Community Veteran

Nokia 6600

P.S bluetooth one is ON,everyone who have bluetooth they can connect you device...like wireless

That's not really true, as there are two measures in place that can prevent that. First, is that you can be non-discoverable: this means you can form a partnership with new devices, or communicate with devices you have already specified as trusted, but other non-trusted devices can't connect to you, because they can't see you. The second measure is that when you create a partnership between devices, you should be asked to enter a PIN code - this code has to be entered on to both devices when pairing them (unless we're talking about something like a BT headset).

Thomas
N/A

Nokia 6600

oh yes....you r correct...need sort of pin or permission for other to access your phone..

i mean as the connectivity fm the s/w & said both phone is using bluetooth at the same time..
then the s/w could possible detect both phone...