cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No through put of data via ADSL

N/A

No through put of data via ADSL

Hi All, I know that F9 has been having alot of preblems recently and that it appears that the ram increase, MTU settings and the reboots have helped. However whilst I can log-in I get no throughput of data. First thing this morning I loged in and all was fine with good speed and then after 20 minutes the connection died with no through put. Logged out, tried the bt test user and rebooted, still nothing and then it started working again with my own login but only for a little longer before the through put died. Raised a ticket at midday today and turned off the machine. Tried again at 18:00 but still the same, can login but still no through put. Again tried all the recommendations but nothing happening. Turned off machine and rebooted at 23:00 to try again. No joy, can login but no through put. To make matters worse the ticket raised this morning has still not been responded to!
Off to bed shortley so will try again in the morning.
Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Have checked the hardware (zoom usb modem) and splitters and removed every peice of phone kit except the modem, still the same.

Any advice.
Cheers
Geoff
--
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: No through put of data via ADSL

> Hi All, I know that F9 has been having alot of preblems recently and that it appears that the ram increase, MTU settings and the reboots have helped. However whilst I can log-in I get no throughput of data. First thing this morning I loged in and all was fine with good speed and then after 20 minutes the connection died with no through put. Logged out, tried the bt test user and rebooted, still nothing and then it started working again with my own login but only for a little longer before the through put died. Raised a ticket at midday today and turned off the machine. Tried again at 18:00 but still the same, can login but still no through put. Again tried all the recommendations but nothing happening. Turned off machine and rebooted at 23:00 to try again. No joy, can login but no through put. To make matters worse the ticket raised this morning has still not been responded to!
> Off to bed shortley so will try again in the morning.
> Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
>
> Have checked the hardware (zoom usb modem) and splitters and removed every peice of phone kit except the modem, still the same.
>
> Any advice.
> Cheers
> Geoff
>
> --
>

Hi, Should have added that my ADSL has only been active since 7th Nov 2002 and that I have had these problems since the 11th Nov 2002 and have raised tickets but no solution or investigation offered.
Have been with F9 for nearly 4 years now and never had much of a problem with the dial-up and recommend them but this experience isn't good.
Cheers
Geoff
N/A

RE: No through put of data via ADSL, REPLY

> Hi All, I know that F9 has been having alot of preblems recently and that it appears that the ram increase, MTU settings and the reboots have helped. However whilst I can log-in I get no throughput of data. First thing this morning I loged in and all was fine with good speed and then after 20 minutes the connection died with no through put. Logged out, tried the bt test user and rebooted, still nothing and then it started working again with my own login but only for a little longer before the through put died. Raised a ticket at midday today and turned off the machine. Tried again at 18:00 but still the same, can login but still no through put. Again tried all the recommendations but nothing happening. Turned off machine and rebooted at 23:00 to try again. No joy, can login but no through put. To make matters worse the ticket raised this morning has still not been responded to!
> Off to bed shortley so will try again in the morning.
> Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
>
> Have checked the hardware (zoom usb modem) and splitters and removed every peice of phone kit except the modem, still the same.
>
> Any advice.
> Cheers
> Geoff
>
> --
>

Hi Geoff,
I was wondering if you are getting any error messages with this no through put of data?. Like youself I have been with F9 for several years on a dial-up account and like you have had excellent service, I upgraded to ADSL a few months ago and to start with all was fine until 3 weeks ago.

My current problems are slightly different from yours. I can get a connection to F9 (obviously I am writing this!)but the connection keeps frequently being dropped randomly.

However I have had experience of an ADSL signal (or it appears that my ADSL channel is connected)but no through put and not able to be logged in by the F9 server (thats why I was asking about error messages)
I was never able to pin point the exact cause of this.

I installed new modem drivers this did improve things for a short time,also I contacted BT's broadband team & phoneline faults people. They tested my phoneline & Rebalanced it & turned up the gain which reduces line noise which can cause problems but after all this I still continued to have same problems. So back to F9 the saga continues.

I suggest you phone up tech support at F9 and speak to a real human being.

Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: No through put of data via ADSL, REPLY

> > Hi All, I know that F9 has been having alot of preblems recently and that it appears that the ram increase, MTU settings and the reboots have helped. However whilst I can log-in I get no throughput of data. First thing this morning I loged in and all was fine with good speed and then after 20 minutes the connection died with no through put. Logged out, tried the bt test user and rebooted, still nothing and then it started working again with my own login but only for a little longer before the through put died. Raised a ticket at midday today and turned off the machine. Tried again at 18:00 but still the same, can login but still no through put. Again tried all the recommendations but nothing happening. Turned off machine and rebooted at 23:00 to try again. No joy, can login but no through put. To make matters worse the ticket raised this morning has still not been responded to!
> > Off to bed shortley so will try again in the morning.
> > Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
> >
> > Have checked the hardware (zoom usb modem) and splitters and removed every peice of phone kit except the modem, still the same.
> >
> > Any advice.
> > Cheers
> > Geoff
> >
> > --
> >
>
> Hi Geoff,
> I was wondering if you are getting any error messages with this no through put of data?. Like youself I have been with F9 for several years on a dial-up account and like you have had excellent service, I upgraded to ADSL a few months ago and to start with all was fine until 3 weeks ago.
>
> My current problems are slightly different from yours. I can get a connection to F9 (obviously I am writing this!)but the connection keeps frequently being dropped randomly.
>
> However I have had experience of an ADSL signal (or it appears that my ADSL channel is connected)but no through put and not able to be logged in by the F9 server (thats why I was asking about error messages)
> I was never able to pin point the exact cause of this.
>
> I installed new modem drivers this did improve things for a short time,also I contacted BT's broadband team & phoneline faults people. They tested my phoneline & Rebalanced it & turned up the gain which reduces line noise which can cause problems but after all this I still continued to have same problems. So back to F9 the saga continues.
>
> I suggest you phone up tech support at F9 and speak to a real human being.
>
> Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
>

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for the info. No I don't get any error messages. The through put just dies at what no appears to be random times. Been able to surf for 7 minutes through to 40 minutes before ot dies.
I have been in touch with Zoom technical support and have the latest drivers and installed and configured to their recommendation which isn't any different to F9's recommendation. It's just frustrating that it happens. Checked the ticket that I raised yesterday lunch time which was picked up by F9 support at 7:00 this morning in which they say that it's now a high priority.
I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens today.
Cheers
Geoff
--
N/A

RE: No through put of data via ADSL, ANOTHER REPLY

> > > Hi All, I know that F9 has been having alot of preblems recently and that it appears that the ram increase, MTU settings and the reboots have helped. However whilst I can log-in I get no throughput of data. First thing this morning I loged in and all was fine with good speed and then after 20 minutes the connection died with no through put. Logged out, tried the bt test user and rebooted, still nothing and then it started working again with my own login but only for a little longer before the through put died. Raised a ticket at midday today and turned off the machine. Tried again at 18:00 but still the same, can login but still no through put. Again tried all the recommendations but nothing happening. Turned off machine and rebooted at 23:00 to try again. No joy, can login but no through put. To make matters worse the ticket raised this morning has still not been responded to!
> > > Off to bed shortley so will try again in the morning.
> > > Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
> > >
> > > Have checked the hardware (zoom usb modem) and splitters and removed every peice of phone kit except the modem, still the same.
> > >
> > > Any advice.
> > > Cheers
> > > Geoff
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> >
> > Hi Geoff,
> > I was wondering if you are getting any error messages with this no through put of data?. Like youself I have been with F9 for several years on a dial-up account and like you have had excellent service, I upgraded to ADSL a few months ago and to start with all was fine until 3 weeks ago.
> >
> > My current problems are slightly different from yours. I can get a connection to F9 (obviously I am writing this!)but the connection keeps frequently being dropped randomly.
> >
> > However I have had experience of an ADSL signal (or it appears that my ADSL channel is connected)but no through put and not able to be logged in by the F9 server (thats why I was asking about error messages)
> > I was never able to pin point the exact cause of this.
> >
> > I installed new modem drivers this did improve things for a short time,also I contacted BT's broadband team & phoneline faults people. They tested my phoneline & Rebalanced it & turned up the gain which reduces line noise which can cause problems but after all this I still continued to have same problems. So back to F9 the saga continues.
> >
> > I suggest you phone up tech support at F9 and speak to a real human being.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ivan
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
> Hi Ivan,
> Thanks for the info. No I don't get any error messages. The through put just dies at what no appears to be random times. Been able to surf for 7 minutes through to 40 minutes before ot dies.
> I have been in touch with Zoom technical support and have the latest drivers and installed and configured to their recommendation which isn't any different to F9's recommendation. It's just frustrating that it happens. Checked the ticket that I raised yesterday lunch time which was picked up by F9 support at 7:00 this morning in which they say that it's now a high priority.
> I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens today.
> Cheers
> Geoff
>
> --
>

Hi Geoff,
It sounds very much like you have done all the same things I've tried to date. It even sounds like the problem you are having is actually the same symptoms that I am having, so far I am no near finding out what the root cause of the problem is.

I know its not the packet size or speed/bandwidth as I have changed the MTU values suggested by F9 and they did work,therefore this problem must be related to the connection or quality of connection between the enduser and F9 (somewhere in the local loop, a BT related issue?)or F9's equipment. Who knows I have no idea. I just hope that this gets sorted out sooner rather than it dragging on like this.

Regards to ya!
Ivan

--
N/A

I have been having a nightmare using ADSL too...

I signed up with force 9 thinking that I was getting a fantastic deal, probably the cheapest in the country. I was inpressed with the user interface and felt sure I would be referring lots of people. However, that's not going to happen yet.

My ADSL was activated on 5th November but I didn't get the hardware until after 14th November (despite different promises). I have had lots of problems: possible modem, filter failer etc. I finally do get online and there's no data either. Suddenly it comes back on and again just as I am thinking things are okay the data stops...even though I haven't lost my ADSL connection.

I agree with the one of the other posts that we should be compensated in some way because we are actually paying for nothing.
N/A

Hi, i've been with f9 for a few days now and am having exactly the same prob, i can connect, but after a while i lose all data through put, but if i leave it for an hour or so it works again, using a router and have tried everything they have suggested and am still waiting for a reply,
this is just annoying.
any info or questions please feel free to e-mail me.... stellaartois@f9.co.uk