cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No space left on device (28) error

David_W
Rising Star

So, I'm trying to get joomla to work, and its proving to be very very frustrating to do it with Force9, apart from logging me out of the admin every 25 seconds, it throws up errors:

Warning: session_write_close(): write failed: No space left on device (2Cool in files/home1/dgwebb/administrator.php on line 105

Warning:[/b[ session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /files/home1/dgwebb/administrator/index.php on line 105

Now, it works fine on other web sites, its just on F9 that its going tits up and having spend hours working on my site earlier, only to have to rm -r -f * cause of something or another (too tired to remember) I'm now being blocked from getting the site where I want it to be by this error and the constant log outs >.<

- 14 people logged in on my website, 14 people that are me :?
2 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Fixed it, well, jury rigged it, with the bits found on this forum, namely:

session_save_path("/files/home1/dgwebb/tmp/");

Not optimal, and my /tmp is going to suck up space.

Ok, so what I would like to do, is to make a cron task, to every 12 hours? rm -r -f /files/home1/dgwebb/tmp how would I go about that? And is 12 hours too often?
N/A

sessions or other private info shouldent be saved in tmp folder as other users force9 have access. a good coder or hacker could retrive your sessions and gain access through injection...unless you "base64_encode" it.. just a suggestion tho