No logo for St Davids day?

Community Veteran

Google has one, but non from PlusNet.
17 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Is it any wonder, gi ven the keenness of amateur lawyers to jump on people?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

They had this last year:

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

It's incredible isn't it?

A moderator closes the original thread, about a Winter Olympics logo, stating:

There is no need for continued discussion as its well out of step with the theme of this forum.

A couple of days later, in another thread, the same member commenting in this thread (gpattison) is calling another member's post "nonsense" and far from insisting the subject is closed, another moderator (pcsni) is joining in , offering support for the point.

So, when I questioned with the moderator concerned (pcsni) whether calling somebody’s post “nonsense” was a personal attack, the moderator insisted it wasn’t.

Yet, if on the other hand, you were to call somebody’s post “boring”, as another poster did, the same moderator (pcsni) reacts- on the same day- stating:

There is absolutely no need for that sort of comment……. an unwarranted, personal comment such as yours is not necessary.

Finally, the moderator, who rules that a thread is out of step with the theme of the forum, re-opens the theme in another thread, in the same forum.

What's it got to do with "Community Support" then?

If forum rules are to be applied, isn’t it about time that they were applied to everybody consistently, including the moderators themselves?

Alternatively, the forum could be declared a no rules area, then we can all have a jolly good row on a “level-playing field“.
N/A

TBH isn't this thread better off living in the chat forum (though if the logo is to be changed for St David's day then it should also be changed for Geogre, Patrick and Andrew as well)...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

if the logo is to be changed for St David's day then it should also be changed for Geogre, Patrick and Andrew as well)...

We had all of those last year - look at the archive
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

My query regarding the avatar was directed mainly at PlusNet and is something that other users of PlusNet's service would be interested in. Discussion of the Olympics avatar was also fine in my view, continued moans about copyright and taking the thread off topic where not.

As concensus seems to suggest people would prefer this in another forum I will move it, but if you think a thread is in the wrong place again there are correct ways of going about getting it moved in my opinion.
N/A

I am rising to the bait, however

golden, if we're going to quote, perhaps its better if we quote the post in full, that way we get things in context.

Chris's comment was..

PlusNet have listened to the feedback of people and acted. There is no need for continued discussion as its well out of step with the theme of this forum. The issue is now closed and so is this thread.

The thread was closed as the discussion was heading in a quasi legal direction where the minelield of European law was being discussed. That has nothing to do with Plus Net or this forum, hence the locking of the original thread.

If you, at anytime have a complaint regarding the actions of a moderator, the correct course of action to take is to raise it with any member of the moderating team or with the Comms Team. On receipt of the complaint the matter will be investigated and you will be notified of the outcome.

Now, as he hastily tries to bring this back on topic, yes, there has been recognition of the various Patron Saints over the years on this forum. Perhaps it has been overlooked today or as suggested, maybe the content team didnt want to risk getting it wrong. Sad
N/A

Excellent. We now have a nice St David's Day logo.
LiamM
Grafter

Lovely.
N/A

If you, at anytime have a complaint regarding the actions of a moderator, the correct course of action to take is to raise it with any member of the moderating team or with the Comms Team. On receipt of the complaint the matter will be investigated and you will be notified of the outcome.

As you know, Mark, I raised it with you personally, and you stated that you had referred the matter to the rest of the moderating team and would be making no further individual comment.

Nobody made any further comment.

Therefore, I think it's entirely fair to have made the point in open forum.

As you personally demonstrated that you were content to have other members posts described in open forum as "nonsense", then I hardly feel that you can complain about a little open criticism.
Alecto
Grafter

What a very pretty logo. Thank you Plusnet. Tongue
Community Veteran

Happy Saint Davids Day Everyone! Cheesy What a nice wee logo!

What a happy forum it is today!

Make Love not War!
N/A

As you know, Mark, I raised it with you personally

You are mistaken. At no time did you raise the locking of that post with me or any other moderator. I suggest you check your PM's.

What you did mention to me was the alleged breach of forum rules by another member. There was no breach of rules in that case and as I stated you were reading too much into the situation.

I will not discuss this further with you here as it will acheive nothing.

Should you wish to take it further, you now know the procedures.
N/A

I was referring to the raising of a complaint regarding a moderator, and not the locking of the post.

I actually questioned, why you were backing gpattison's post up with your own comments, and had seemingly therefore given your approval to somebody being disrespectful to another member- something that you had vehemently complained about yourself , when you felt comments made by another member had been offensive to you.

I note that you don't wish to discuss it further here, which is entirely your prerogative.