cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Site description and source file

simonjhsmith

Hi All

Please help I am at the end of all my knowage. I have posted my web site, and there is no site decription, nor can I fined it, using the META TAGS.

My site domain name is with 123-REG, and I have entered the site description and tags with them before posting my site on Google and Yahoo, as well as entering them into Shop Factory. But still nothing.
When you view the source file, there is only 1 or 2 lines of text, but before uploading the site and when the site has been uploaded, then viewed in dreamweaver,vyou can view the source file and it is complete. But not in IE.

I have not got a clue what the hell is going on I have tryed everything I know with no results Sad
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi simonjhsmith,

I'm afraid there isnt much to go on here!! Could you give us a bit more info? Smiley

What domain do you have?
Where are you uploading your website to?

Regards,

Jarv
simonjhsmith

Hi Jarv
Thanks for replying
Ok my domain name is as follows www.pillowfun.co.uk.
This is the domain name I have with 123-reg.co.uk, If you visit my site and view the source file, it is not what it should be.

I then upload my site to force9 using CuteFTP.

I have compiled my web site in ShopFactory 6, the publish it to my desktop.
I then view the published (Desktop copy) site, and the source file is as it should be, but not when i have uploaded it to Force9.

Is this what you need?

PS i have created another simple site and posted it to force9, and still then same problem
N/A

Looks like you have framed forwarding on. If you want the source code to be the same, you will need to have the domain partially hosted on the F9 server. Basically this just means changing the nameservers at 123 to point to F9 and teling F9 you want a partial transfer in of a domain name.

Regards

Mark
slev
Grafter

Hi

All your meta info is there but in the central frame only

if you right click ( view source ) in IE in the area where you have

Welcome to PillowFun, This site contains ..... etc

The keywords and descriptions are there.

Regards

Ian