cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsgroups!!!

N/A

Newsgroups!!!

Hey!

I am a heavey user of the newsgroups, but for whatever reason it seems that F9 is reluctant to to offer complete posts on ANY of the binaries groups!

Is everyone else experiencing this problem too?? or is it something i am just doing wrong??

If it is just that the service offered from F9 is crap, can anyone recommend a cheap but good premium news server that offers alot of capacity - as i download around 50gb per month.

I look forward to hearing from you shortley

Shaun Wilson
4 REPLIES
N/A

Newsgroups!!!

Its a known problem, and is documented in UseNet Service Status. After the CGI Upgrade in the next week, it is hoped a timescale for the UseNet upgrade will be provided, which will hopefully see retention and binary completeness increse.
N/A

Newsgroups!!!

thanks for your response!

It's not that there is bad retention on the binaries news groups as it seems that these groups are not supported at all!!

But you say that they are intending to upgrade the usenets serversHuh? - well i will look forward to this, especially if it does now mean that i will be able to download from the binaires groups - Thanx for all your help m8

Shaun Wilson
N/A

Newsgroups!!!

What do you mean when you say you can't access binaries? Do you happen to have a Home Surf ADSL Account?
N/A

Newsgroups!!!

No M8 i have the easy start account.

Wot i mean is that when i log on to ANY binaires news group all the ALL the posts are incomplete!