cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsgroups

N/A

Newsgroups

Having just gone Broadband (no problems what-so-ever and up running in just over 10 days), I've a problem with a newsgroup website. www.easynews.com - When I try to connect to the main members page, I get 'page cannot be displayed'. I know it's a good site because I've used it before on dial-up.
I've tried pinging the site, which was ok. Easynews suggests it could be F9's issue. Friend thinks it could be something to do with cookies. Any ideas / suggestions?

Rich
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Newsgroups

> Having just gone Broadband (no problems what-so-ever and up running in just over 10 days), I've a problem with a newsgroup website. www.easynews.com - When I try to connect to the main members page, I get 'page cannot be displayed'. I know it's a good site because I've used it before on dial-up.
> I've tried pinging the site, which was ok. Easynews suggests it could be F9's issue. Friend thinks it could be something to do with cookies. Any ideas / suggestions?
>
> Rich

Further to the above, we now think that it could be because F9 blocks access to news servers like EasyNews. Does anybody know if this is true, and would upgrading to the 22.99 package solve this??

Rich

N/A

Hi Richard, if you are on £20.99 F9 block (peer-2-peer) software & binary newsgroup articles so this could be your problem, & yes upgrading should solve it.
I tryed www.easynews.com & had no problems but I am not am member. Hope this has helped.
Angus

> > Having just gone Broadband (no problems what-so-ever and up running in just over 10 days), I've a problem with a newsgroup website. www.easynews.com - When I try to connect to the main members page, I get 'page cannot be displayed'. I know it's a good site because I've used it before on dial-up.
> > I've tried pinging the site, which was ok. Easynews suggests it could be F9's issue. Friend thinks it could be something to do with cookies. Any ideas / suggestions?
> >
> > Rich
>
> Further to the above, we now think that it could be because F9 blocks access to news servers like EasyNews. Does anybody know if this is true, and would upgrading to the 22.99 package solve this??
>
> Rich
>
>

N/A

> Hi Richard, if you are on £20.99 F9 block (peer-2-peer) software & binary newsgroup articles so this could be your problem, & yes upgrading should solve it.
> I tryed www.easynews.com & had no problems but I am not am member. Hope this has helped.
> Angus
>
> > > Having just gone Broadband (no problems what-so-ever and up running in just over 10 days), I've a problem with a newsgroup website. www.easynews.com - When I try to connect to the main members page, I get 'page cannot be displayed'. I know it's a good site because I've used it before on dial-up.
> > > I've tried pinging the site, which was ok. Easynews suggests it could be F9's issue. Friend thinks it could be something to do with cookies. Any ideas / suggestions?
> > >
> > > Rich
> >
> > Further to the above, we now think that it could be because F9 blocks access to news servers like EasyNews. Does anybody know if this is true, and would upgrading to the 22.99 package solve this??
> >
> > Rich
> >
> >
>
>
Thanks. I'll try to upgrade and let you know.

Rich