cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News downloads using Hamster

digitl
Grafter

News downloads using Hamster

I've been using Hamster to download news on my Connect 20 account without any problems.

Now I've got ADSL, Hamster usually reports:
2002/06/22 13:09:21 {37c} Exception[ESocketError] Windows socket error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (10060), on API 'connect'

I can often get a download to work if I download emails with Eudora and then quickly ask Hamster to get news at the same time.

Not very satisfactory!

Any ideas anyone?
--
Frank
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: News downloads using Hamster

I assume that you use Hamster for multiple news servers for Agent...I'm not too familiar with it.

If so, you can set up one installation of Agent to work with multiple accounts, with a shortcut for each server. maybe this will help you?

Cheers,

Guy
digitl
Grafter

RE: News downloads using Hamster

> I assume that you use Hamster for multiple news servers for Agent...I'm not too familiar with it.

I use it to collect news from F9's usenet and extranews servers and read it with XNews.

> If so, you can set up one installation of Agent to work with multiple accounts, with a shortcut for each server. maybe this will help you?

Mysteriously, things have returned to normal. Nothing changed here, so I can only imagine there has been a change at F9's end.

Thanks for the interest.
--
Frank