cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, how's everyone finding it?

N/A

Hi everyone!

Just signed up today... just wondering how everyone is finding plusnet?

Also, when you all signed up, roughly how long did it take to get connected and receive your modem so you were on the net!

Anyone else find having no net is really painful.. how sad... but it leaves you feeling so cut off!!

Smiley

Matt
www.pulserated.com
10 REPLIES
N/A

Welcome to PN, and to the forums!

Normally it takes around 7 days for everything to be completed and activated, although it depends on BTW (BT Wholesale) to do the work, so it could be a lot shorter, or slightly longer.

You'll notice lots of people unhappy if you browse around the forums, and in just about every case, they are rightly unhappy. Just remember though that generally its only unhappy folks that come here looking for answer!

That said, customer service is at a real low right now, but hopefully its past the worst, and is making a climb back up to the service we deserve.

See you around hopefully. Wink
N/A

Try posting this poll in the community support forum, then watch the results change for the worse :shock:
N/A

Stuart,

There is one very good reason for that. Its not because this board is invisible from the majority of users or anything. Its because the "Customer Support" board is the most visable, and so when users want to kick up a fuss and a stink....what better way than by using the most visited board.

In reality though you need to look at the number of users registered and then just how many are posting as being unhappy.
Remember that if happy one has no need to seek support and thus never visits the boards. If one needs support...well im sure you can figure it out Wink

Regards,
N/A

Well I have been on the net since monday and its all running well, really fast etc.. so hopefully its all good Smiley
Community Veteran

I'm very happy with plusnet; quite simply because my package suits my needs. That's not to say I'm not annoyed about some of the problems PlusNet currently have (CSC; email reliablility; LLU disconnects) but overall I'm extremely happy. The comms team are great and always willing to help if you ask them nicely. The community is excellent (and I spend most of my online time either here at plusnetters or on usertools IRC. For that alone I'm not wanting to move anytime soon.
N/A

Nice plug Mr McGiff!

I'm on the whole happy with PNs service to me.

Unhappy with what might happen if I do have a problem needing attention from CS.

V. Unhappy about 12 month lock ins on business accounts.

I reckon I'll be around for a while at PN, but not all of my accounts will be.

I guess overall I average as satisfied most of the time.
shellsong
Grafter

I had no problems getting up and running when we joined PlusNet's service but that was several years ago at 512 Kbps

I don't believe in getting a free modem unless it's really free so we bought our own router and we've gone through several since then, so we have nothing to pay on departure which will be very soon now I hope! Wink
N/A

I'm very happy with plusnet; quite simply because my package suits my needs.

And my package suits my need pefectly....downloading up to 50 gb off peak, and gaming....thats all i want and need. Now if only i could do either of those things in any sort of reliable manner i would be a very happy man, and happy to recommend Plusnet.
Ive seen what a great ISP PN used to be, all i want is a reliable service, not a company who insist on constantly changing systems without thinking them through, and a customer sevice department that actually has some focus on the customer.
I dont think im being unreasonable in requiring those things from an ISP....thats their job and THATS WHAT IM PAYING THEM FOR.
N/A

I'm not happy, because I am paying £21.99 a month for a service which other providers can give me for much less. Also, my inbox is gorged with spam, because PlusNet's filters don't work too well. I have stayed with PlusNet out of loyalty/inertia: their service has been generally OK in the past, but I'll be moving on very soon now.
Community Veteran

I am very happy as well Cheesy

Comms are great, some of the fellow customers are a great laugh!

My connection has been very very stable at 8128kbps, great throughput, never a problem!

Since I have never needed to use support I can't tell you how i've found them but I believethat if you get them at a quiet time of the day (3am!) then they can be quite fast and helpful!

That'll be another months free internet access then :lol: