cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Postal Charges

Alecto
Grafter

New Postal Charges

For anyone who thinks that Plusnet is the only one to bring in silly and over-complex rules, you only have to look at the farrago that Royal Mail is inflicting on its customers at present.

Whoever agreed to that should be put in a straitjacket forthwith.

Here is a nice Matt cartoon from the Telegraph that makes the point:

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New Postal Charges

You know, I really don't mind the new postal charging system at all - if anything, it makes perfect sense to me. Ok, it does add a little complication to things, but Royal Mail sent every household (AFAIK) a size guide - and if you didn't get one you can order one for free - so personally, I think that for general consumers it's not that big a deal at all. In fact in a way it's even good - now that the base 1st/2nd class letter prices can take up to 100g rather than 60g...

Thomas
Alecto
Grafter

New Postal Charges

Strait jacket on the way Thomas! :lol:

Ever heard of William of Ockham?
shellsong
Grafter

New Postal Charges

I sent a book off to my cousin today and it cost quite a bit more because it overlapped their measuring gauge by 4 or 5 mm! Sad
N/A

New Postal Charges

I have to admit I think its a complete farce.

I have some items that I would send which would normally cost me 88p. Now this costs me £1.39 not because it weighs more, but because the measurements dont fit.

Another one would be a padded envelope...normally 34p ( due to weighing in at just 30 - 40g ) now £1 or something daft as its not 4 - 5mm in thickness but thicker.

Personally I think someone saw the rise in items being sent ( this goes for ebay ) and so saw the word GREED flash in big bold letters...next thing we know, new policy.
[/rant]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

New Postal Charges

I agree, smells of a scam to me. Aren't Royal Mail's price increases controlled? It would appear to me this is just a back-door way of getting around this.
N/A

New Postal Charges

My business's mail overheads have nearly doubled since this pricing scheme change. Posting an A4 envelope first class now costs 37p as opposed to 23p. When you are sending out 5000 mailings to customers per year that's an extra £700 a year for absolutely diddly squat change of service.

Farcical if you ask me - so much so that we are now asking people to opt-in to paper invoices so royal mail are actually losing custom from us because of their greed.

Well done guys.
N/A

New Postal Charges

company i just finished working for (wont go into that) shipped out over 100 A4 envelopes a day.....3000 a month, 36000 a year, so if the above is anything to go by...thats £5400 a year extra....OUCH!..my sympathies are with them..........NOT lol