New Forum

N/A

New Forum

How do you create a new forum,
I want to create one regarding Plusnet as a company
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New Forum

Users can't create a new section of the forum.

You can start a new thread as you have done with this subject. But actually creating a new section on the forums has to be done by a forum administrator and we would need a very good reason to create one as there are already a number of forums that cover pretty well everything.
Community Veteran

New Forum

You can't. Only the forum Admin can do this.

You could PM one of the moderators with your suggestion and the reasons why you think it would be a good idea, not just to you but everyone here.
N/A

Shareholder Support

from being a long term customer and shareholder
I would like to start a discussion about the possibility
of generating support for the possible removal of some of
the Directors prior to an AGM.
This is due to the lack of forsight of the company
and horrific drop (75%) in the Plusnet share price.
The company is currently worth less than when originally floated 2 years ago
Do I have any support, Or is this a taboo subject considering this is a Plusnet forum.
Action must be taken soon before the company becomes worthless.
N/A

New Forum

Would'nt that be the task of the shareholders at the AGM I doubt your average customer is worried that much about the share prices.... I know I am not. So talk to the other shareholders.Failing that I am sure you would find support on the ADSL Guide but the ones that would support you will not be Plusnet customers but you would help fuel a few conspiracy theories floating about over there.
Community Veteran

Re: Shareholder Support

from being a long term customer and shareholder
I would like to start a discussion about the possibility
of generating support for the possible removal of some of
the Directors prior to an AGM.
This is due to the lack of forsight of the company
and horrific drop (75%) in the Plusnet share price.
The company is currently worth less than when originally floated 2 years ago
Do I have any support, Or is this a taboo subject considering this is a Plusnet forum.

You could start a thread about this on one or many forums about plusnet / shares.

Alternatively you could download some forum software such as phpBB and create your own board from scratch.

Thirdly I'm part of the management team on an unofficial plusnet site with forums.

plusnetters. If you could provide a good case for the benefits of such a forum I would definatley point this thread out for the rest of the team to see with a view to adding a forum to our boards. It should be noted that that is not representative of the site or team as a whole but an offer from me as a person to see if the site / team as a whole could do anything. ;-)

Obviously you should raise it at the AGM if you feel that strongly about it...

Hope this Helps
N/A

Re: Shareholder Support

Do I have any support,

Yes; indeed you do.

Or is this a taboo subject considering this is a Plusnet forum.

It may be allowed but it's all according: I would suggest Plusnetters (the only truly independent discussion site apart from the ADSL Guide).

I fully agree with you.

What do you suggest?
N/A

Shareholder Support

Its not a question of feeling this strongly about it, Its about reality,
The current share price dropped to just over 90p today from a high of £ 4.00 nearly 2 months ago, This can only spell disaster. If the current trend continues by the end of the year their will be no Plusnet.

I suggest as many shareholders as possible get together
and create a unified voice and have a shareholders meeting
( maybe a cyber meeting, wouldn`t that be a first ! )
to decide the next step.
I dont mind been the spearhead of such a group

But what I do need is support from other shareholders

We are the shareholders, we own the company.
N/A

New Forum

I suspect you would need a heck of a lot of votes to get a director removed based on the way shares were issued originally. I would welcome some independant debate on the matter, although I'm not really happy to do it here.
Alecto
Grafter

New Forum

This is a forum for Plusnet Users, not Shareholders.
I don't know how many other than you are both, but suspect it's not many.
I don't think this is the place to achieve whatever it is you want to do.

In any case, removal of directors is a negative rather than a positive step and of itself not likely to raise the share price.

Or are you saying it is preferable to have no leadership rather than the current leadership?

Either way, it's not here that you do it.
N/A

New Forum

In any case, removal of directors is a negative rather than a positive step and of itself not likely to raise the share price

Absoloutely. But what's so negative about removing old directors and putting in some fresh blood?
Alecto
Grafter

New Forum

I saw no mention of who was going to replace them, just the bit about the removal. :roll:

It's easy enough to destroy something, but a lot harder to build something meaningful in its place.

Though I'm all in favour of seeing more blood. Smiley
N/A

New Forum

All's I can say is to re-iterate my view that here is not the best place for such a discussion. If somebody does however open a discussion somewhere else, I would be interested to see the views of other investors.
Ignoring the issue of share price for a second - PN do continue to come out very well in polls on customer service etc.
They continue to provide a good quality service for the majority of their users, and at a sensible price. The recently published accounts also show a positive future; share price is not always the best indication of how a company is doing.

Perhaps a trading website has a message board/forum where you are more likely to run into other investors?
N/A

New Forum

I believe camieabz over on ADSLG is also a shareholder. Perhaps you could get in touch Smiley