cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cleaner perhaps?

boavon
Grafter

New Cleaner perhaps?

About 20 years ago, everytime we returned to work in the morning one of the servers had crashed but somehow magically re-booted itself. We were all still learning then. It was a bit of headache because it crashed just before the scheduled backup - but rebooted itself afterwards. After weeks off and on trying to diagnose the problem we decided to stay back one night and monitor. The door to the tiny space we had the server and console in, opened and a cheery voice sounded "hello dears, don't normally see you in here at this time of night, don't mind me". The lady then removed the plug from the server and plugged in her hoover, waltzed around for about 5 minutes or so and then left with a cheerio and our mouths agape!
Has PN got a new cleaner? Or could it be the new firewall feature which must slow things down exponentially during peak usage?
3 REPLIES
MacOS10
Grafter

New Cleaner perhaps?

Thanx, boavon, you've really cheared me up... priceless!
:lol:

Still, it would answer a lot of our questions about the worryingly slow speeds at the moment. What's the betting PlusNet will use this as an excuse at a later point?
N/A

New Cleaner perhaps?

Cleaners keep IT support staff in jobs!! I can give stories of service calls I've been called out on which have been down to the cleaners.
N/A

New Cleaner perhaps?

Old but still funny!

Moved to Chit Chat.