cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGI Platform

ade
Dabbler

New CGI Platform

When the new CGI platform is released will anything happen to my mysql database? Will this need transfering too as I run a phpBB forum. I keep backups but would hate to loose any data.
8 REPLIES
N/A

New CGI Platform

hi wwwtechs,

I have previously been told that the MySQL service is run from different servers (mine is on rumpus.force9.net). So, unless something has changed, your database will not need to be moved anywhere and will work/be accessed in exactly the same way as on the old platform.

Hope that helps,

Jarv
N/A

New CGI Platform

You should still be using the same mySQL database - all thats changing is the servers that host the PHP/Perl etc.
ade
Dabbler

New CGI Platform

Thanks for the reply guys. I just hope that the phpBB Forum works ok on the new server. I'd imagine so as it's a latest version of the tried and tested code.
N/A

New CGI Platform

It worked in testing on the platform, so that should be all well and good...
xpcomputers
Grafter

New CGI Platform

I remember seeing a guide somewhere here on installing phpBB onto F9 webspace. I am assuming that some of the details might have changed now with the new platform....

Anyone know where the guide is?
And does anything need to be done differently know for the new cgi server?

Thanks

Mike
xpcomputers
Grafter

New CGI Platform

Found it.....

http://usertools.f9.net.uk/tutorials/id/16

Can anyone comment on whether the info in this document is up-to-date for the new cgi server or whether any of it needs to be amended?

Thanks

Mike
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New CGI Platform

Hi Mike,

There are a few little differences. We've written a set of tutorials for some applications, take a look at

http://www.f9.net.uk/support/webspace/cgi/cgi_tutorials/
xpcomputers
Grafter

New CGI Platform

Thanks for the new tutorials. Looks very helpful.

I can finally give phpBB a go.... (as I had decided a few months ago to wait for the new server before starting this project!)

Thanks

Mike