cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network IP ads

zpeterk
Grafter

Network IP ads

I have 3 pcs(All win2k)a router and 2 print servers on a network. Is there an way to look to see what IPs there are using when they are using DHCP asigned by a router) or is it better to give them fixed IPs
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Network IP ads

> I have 3 pcs(All win2k)a router and 2 print servers on a network. Is there an way to look to see what IPs there are using when they are using DHCP asigned by a router) or is it better to give them fixed IPs

The easiest way is to open a dos window and type in IPconfig

This will show you your network settings.

Bill
zpeterk
Grafter

> > I have 3 pcs(All win2k)a router and 2 print servers on a network. Is there an way to look to see what IPs there are using when they are using DHCP asigned by a router) or is it better to give them fixed IPs
>
> The easiest way is to open a dos window and type in IPconfig
>
> This will show you your network settings.
>
>
> Bill

How would I see all the IPs from one machine?
N/A

You'd need to look at the dhcp assignment table on the router... it will differ from router to router on haw to do this.. maybe telnet.. maybe web.. my SpeedTouch allows web access for example. I'm afraid you'll have to red the manual!
N/A

You'd need to look at the dhcp assignment table on the router... it will differ from router to router on haw to do this.. maybe telnet.. maybe web.. my SpeedTouch allows web access for example. I'm afraid you'll have to red the manual!
N/A

If you want to see the ip's then its best to have fixed ips.

There is always a chance that someone could break into your network and with a dhcp server they will get a ip so it make sit easy. With a fixed ip its easier to see what everyone is doing as they will always be the same ip.

> I have 3 pcs(All win2k)a router and 2 print servers on a network. Is there an way to look to see what IPs there are using when they are using DHCP asigned by a router) or is it better to give them fixed IPs

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

> How would I see all the IPs from one machine?

From a DOS box ping each machine in turn using it's name.

John
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)