cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing your support!

lank111
Grafter

Needing your support!

Hi, This is not about plusnet or broadband!
But my friend has told me about her friend who's story touched me!

(I'm sorry this might be classed as SPAM, but its not!
Its a plea for help and support from the plusnet community!)

http://www.weneedyounow.com/
So far they have rasied £10,000!!

Her story:-
Su is 45 years old and has recently received the terrible news that she has got cancer of the colon, but sadly, most recently she also discovered she has now got cancer of the liver.

Su's has been told by her Oncologist that there is a new drug which will be very beneficial to Su. It is called Avastin and it works by enhancing standard chemotherapy. It works by sticking to the cancer cells and attracting the medication used in chemo to them, thereby making the bog standard chemotherapy treatment more efficient. It is also an anti-body and once it is 'stuck' to the cancer cells, the body will try to reject them. This means the treatment has a dual effect.

However, Avastin is a new drug and is not yet available on the NHS as it has not yet been trialled and approved for use, but it is available privately.

The survival rates for liver cancer, treated with standard chemotherapy, are extremely low. At the very least this new drug, Avistan can stop the growth of the cancer and therefore it can extend Su's life by a substantial amount. There are some patients who were told 2 or 3 years ago that they had only weeks to live, they used this new drug and are still with us to this day.

Su and her family (she has a partner called David and two young children) have looked into the costs of this new drug and were stunned to learn that the treatment will cost 40,000 pounds.

Now alot of you know this because I personally have emailed you and asked you, if not begged you, to help me to raise a small percentage of this money in which to help Su prolong her life.

If you are seriously considering helping me to raise some money, please feel free to roam the rest of the site. There is a section where I will put some pictures of the events Im going to organise to raise some more money, and there is a page where you can contact me and donate money, and also please find the link, on the links page which will take you directly to Su's partner, David's site where you can read their story in full.

http://www.weneedyounow.com/
3 REPLIES
N/A

Needing your support!

lank111,

You are right in pointing out that it is not a support issue. I think this thread ( however touching ) would be better suited to the General Chit Chat forum.

I am not sure how this will be received by my fellow mods, but we can see.

Regards,
Community Veteran

Needing your support!

Agreed.
lank111
Grafter

Needing your support!

Sorry, But meny thanks for moving it and keeping it online!