cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

N/A

Need Help

Hey i have a buddy in Australia. The problem is basically that whenever she rings me or i ring her mobile 2 mobile our caller id does not come up, i.e. ("nath calling" or "soph calling"). It just comes up with "call" when she rings me or i ring her. How can this be changed? Is it possible that either of the network operators have not allowed the CLI to be given out on international calls?

Any help would be appriacted. Cuz its annoying when she rings, and i miss it, and i dont know whos rang.

4 REPLIES
elton
Grafter

RE: Need Help

Tell her to spend 10p and text you first:
"Hey Georgina, It's me, Soph! Hi! Just about to call you but worried you don't pick up because you don't see a number and you think I could be a stalker! But I won't be, I'll be me, Soph!
Hi! Please pick up? Hi!".

> Hey i have a buddy in Australia. The problem is basically that whenever she rings me or i ring her mobile 2 mobile our caller id does not come up, i.e. ("nath calling" or "soph calling"). It just comes up with "call" when she rings me or i ring her. How can this be changed? Is it possible that either of the network operators have not allowed the CLI to be given out on international calls?
>
> Any help would be appriacted. Cuz its annoying when she rings, and i miss it, and i dont know whos rang.
>
>

--
Skonko!
N/A

Good advice I reckon. I don't think that international calls show the CLID on mobiles Sad

> Tell her to spend 10p and text you first:
> "Hey Georgina, It's me, Soph! Hi! Just about to call you but worried you don't pick up because you don't see a number and you think I could be a stalker! But I won't be, I'll be me, Soph!
> Hi! Please pick up? Hi!".
>
> > Hey i have a buddy in Australia. The problem is basically that whenever she rings me or i ring her mobile 2 mobile our caller id does not come up, i.e. ("nath calling" or "soph calling"). It just comes up with "call" when she rings me or i ring her. How can this be changed? Is it possible that either of the network operators have not allowed the CLI to be given out on international calls?
> >
> > Any help would be appriacted. Cuz its annoying when she rings, and i miss it, and i dont know whos rang.
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Skonko!
>

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

There are many factors to look at regarding CLID on international, even even local mobile companies.

Not all companies support CLID.

Not all companies forward CLID info over international lines, because linking operators may change to send it.

Not all the companies the calls gets routed through may support it.

Some of these routing companies may even drop the CLID info (IE it was transmitted).
N/A

> Hey i have a buddy in Australia. The problem is basically that whenever she rings me or i ring her mobile 2 mobile our caller id does not come up, i.e. ("nath calling" or "soph calling"). It just comes up with "call" when she rings me or i ring her. How can this be changed? Is it possible that either of the network operators have not allowed the CLI to be given out on international calls?
>
> Any help would be appriacted. Cuz its annoying when she rings, and i miss it, and i dont know whos rang.
>
> Its all about CLID...... not all networks support it! very unlikely multi switching call 2 OZ would ever get it! try another provider! but your chances are slim.. AT MOST..... (no change of settings will rectify this) Oh 10p comment not 2 helpfull, silly man!