cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysql admin

Marteknet
Grafter

Mysql admin

Can anyone here advise me on problems with mysql-adim on the protal as support from Force9 is a joke (a bad joke).
I cant even add new rows to tables from the mysql-admin page on the portal and when i asked support they said nothing at all, just advised me to post a question here dispite me having sent them loads of details and screendumps about the error i keep getting.

Can any kind person help before i lose it completly.

Thanks in advance Peter
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mysql admin

> Can anyone here advise me on problems with mysql-adim on the protal as support from Force9 is a joke (a bad joke).
> I cant even add new rows to tables from the mysql-admin page on the portal and when i asked support they said nothing at all, just advised me to post a question here dispite me having sent them loads of details and screendumps about the error i keep getting.
>
> Can any kind person help before i lose it completly.
>
> Thanks in advance Peter

Hi Peter,
> Dont loose it completely mate check this out! (hope this might offer some answers?).http://www.mysql.com/documentation/

--
N/A

> > Can anyone here advise me on problems with mysql-adim on the protal as support from Force9 is a joke (a bad joke).
> > I cant even add new rows to tables from the mysql-admin page on the portal and when i asked support they said nothing at all, just advised me to post a question here dispite me having sent them loads of details and screendumps about the error i keep getting.
> >
> > Can any kind person help before i lose it completly.
> >
> > Thanks in advance Peter
>
> Hi Peter,
> > Dont loose it completely mate check this out! (hope this might offer some answers?).http://www.mysql.com/documentation/
>
>
>
> --
>

>
Hi Peter,
I think you have to be fairly familar with databases to succesfully understand how to design,configure get the best from this kind
feature.

have you had a look at the F9 tutorial on the portal
it would give you alot of useful stuff. There is also "Types of Help" on the same support pages.

See the following F9 potal link:-
http://portal.f9.net.uk/tools.html?JZu1oo1alTX%2FP11Oxeko58oaEX8qZYIjPE2cn5IWD6cCSXr48aD%2FLA%3D%3D

--
N/A

The portal admin tool is a joke quite frankly. Everything is exceptionally long winded. It's much better to use the command line via telnet or install phpmyadmin on your CGI account (see phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net I think).

However as I've complained about many times before F9 doesn't allow a DROP TABLE query to be run. Instead you have to use their long winded portal system to drop a table (and its about four separate screens to actually just remove one table)
Marteknet
Grafter

> The portal admin tool is a joke quite frankly. Everything is exceptionally long winded. It's much better to use the command line via telnet or install phpmyadmin on your CGI account (see phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net I think).
>
> However as I've complained about many times before F9 doesn't allow a DROP TABLE query to be run. Instead you have to use their long winded portal system to drop a table (and its about four separate screens to actually just remove one table)

Yes Al i agree with you. and the support is rubbich as well. They just pass the buck. the dam thing is checking out INTERNAL ERRORS and they refur me here. i would have had the sack if i had done that to one of my employers customers.

Thanks to the tip about the phpmyadmin prog, i am off to take a look at it now.
Marteknet
Grafter

> > > Can anyone here advise me on problems with mysql-adim on the protal as support from Force9 is a joke (a bad joke).
> > > I cant even add new rows to tables from the mysql-admin page on the portal and when i asked support they said nothing at all, just advised me to post a question here dispite me having sent them loads of details and screendumps about the error i keep getting.
> > >
> > > Can any kind person help before i lose it completly.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance Peter
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> > > Dont loose it completely mate check this out! (hope this might offer some answers?).http://www.mysql.com/documentation/
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
> >
> Hi Peter,
> I think you have to be fairly familar with databases to succesfully understand how to design,configure get the best from this kind
> feature.
>
> have you had a look at the F9 tutorial on the portal
> it would give you alot of useful stuff. There is also "Types of Help" on the same support pages.
>
> See the following F9 potal link:-
> http://portal.f9.net.uk/tools.html?JZu1oo1alTX%2FP11Oxeko58oaEX8qZYIjPE2cn5IWD6cCSXr48aD%2FLA%3D%3D
>
>
> --
>
Thanks for pointing out to me there is a help page. But that will not help i was told i was using a reserved word. eerr ok but it used to work ok.

Anyway to make sure that there is no problum using reserved word i have deletes the table call "countys".
But the same thing is happen to a new table call "shires"
I created it with two fields called "shire" and "shirequota"
so far so good. i then try to populate it with data the first row is accepted, But bugger me the second Just gives me an INTERNAL ERROR, why? not a mention of a count anywhere and honest i wasn't even thinking of one in case i am told its the count word again.
This is getting to be a real pain.

Not much hair left now :-(

Peter