cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Database Integration

N/A

Does anybody know how to get at mySQL without using the silly admin tool on the portal. I just want to use the command line interface everyone else use and the support team are making me feel like I've got two heads!
If I want to create another database for my webs, it seems that this is impossible, because it's not an option on the MySQL admin page.
6 REPLIES
bigpumpkin

RE: MySQL Database Integration

Hi,

> Does anybody know how to get at mySQL without using the silly admin tool on the portal.

You can get UNIX shell access to the CGI server if you ask nicely (see Support pages). Once that's set up, you can Telnet in and use mySQL on the command line.

> If I want to create another database for my webs, it seems that this is impossible, because it's not an option on the MySQL admin page.

You only get one database, but you can have any number of tables in it, so you shouldn't really need another one.

N/A

Hi there just wondering how i use the "silly" portal thingy, which you were talking of, i am new the SQL thing so this is helpful for me to use, but i am unable to work it or logg into it or anything to get a database there, it says that i do not have even one database working on there yet.

How do i go about making one.
N/A

Join the club I am totaly lost by the portal interface for mysql . Any one out there with any help with this interface would be greatly received.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
N/A

Join the club I am totaly lost by the portal interface for mysql . Any one out there with any help with this interface would be greatly received.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
N/A

Hi there just wondering how i use the "silly" portal thingy, which you were talking of, i am new the SQL thing so this is helpful for me to use, but i am unable to work it or logg into it or anything to get a database there, it says that i do not have even one database working on there yet.

How do i go about making one.

Go to Website Settings and select mySQL. From there you must activate mySQL to create your database. You will receive an email confirming your login details for the "silly" phpMyAdmin tool which against popular criticism is quite useful.

Hope this helps

Ian
N/A

the "silly" phpMyAdmin tool actually exposes all the functionality you need. Bear in mind, you are sharing the MySQL server with many other users, so your access is limited to your database(s).

My advice is to learn SQL, which encapsulates all of the functionality. This is how most mainstream database platforms work; all commands are executed by way of SQL statements.

phpMyAdmin provides an SQL entry box, which means you can run any SQL statement you like.