cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving sites back to F9

N/A

Moving sites back to F9

I think I am going to move my sites back to F9, although putting scripts on a Windows server is much easier than putting them on a unix one :!: There are two main reasons, 1. My new host will not support SSI, even though they say they do & 2. I cannot map my domains to the required separate folders. I am going to locate all of my sites on crofters (as this is now allowed, can't remember how to make it so though) so that I don't have to worry about calling pages from a different server. If I want to partially transfer in a domain name, I know it can be placed on a folder within htdocs, would it be able to be place on a folder in crofters? Also, can I locate all of my pages within the cgi bin? I ask because obviously on a Windows server you have no cgi-bin and I can locate all of my scripts in the folder they are relative to.

One last question. I use FP to upload. At the moment, my forum is replaced regularly when I add the files which have been written to the server into FP. There is obviously no conflict there because the files do not need chmoding, however.... If I add the new files to FP and upload them, I am assuming the files would need the permissions altering?

Thanks folks.

Mark
3 REPLIES
N/A

Moving sites back to F9

Concerning the use of separate directories on "crofters" for different websites, I seem to recall one of the "in the know" people on the PlusNet forum recently posted that, at the moment, there is no facility for this, but steps are in hand to introduce something similar to "homepages".

As far as uploading files goes, I think if a particular file needs to be executable, then that permissin needs to be explicitly set.
N/A

Moving sites back to F9

Concerning the use of separate directories on "crofters" for different websites, I seem to recall one of the "in the know" people on the PlusNet forum recently posted that, at the moment, there is no facility for this, but steps are in hand to introduce something similar to "homepages".

That was the bit I was looking for. I thought you could already map multiple domains to crofters. Maybe if I ask CS nicely they might do it :idea:

Cheers

Mark
Ianwild
Grafter

Moving sites back to F9

I'm afraid we can't do this at the moment. This is planned, but the configuration of Apache on cofters needs some pretty heavy re-design to let us do this... Another one for next year I'm afraid!

Regards,

Ian