cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house!!!

N/A

Moving house!!!

arrghhh.. why are we doing it!!! Im over halfway through my pregnancy now and getting more immense by the hour.. and yet we are moving house in three weeks time!!! By then chances are i wont be able to even bend in the middle anymore never mind lift anything heavier than a teapot! lol lol

Anyhow.. reason im posting is ... what do i have to do re plusnet?? Do any of you know?? We only signed up with them last July.. and despite the recent changes we will be wanting to stay with them. just not sure how to transfer it to the new house and do i need to pay extra to do soHuh

Hubby is working pretty much allt he way until we move as he needs to take the time off when baby arrives... so its going to be up to me to try and sort everything out and i dont know where to start!

any help would be appreciated.... Smiley Smiley
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Moving house!!!

Click Account Details -> Move my ADSL which will explain what you need to do. It will cost £64.63 to do it.
N/A

Moving house!!!

thanks for the prompt reply! I shall look into it.... shame about the £63 tho!!! Might have to wait a month or so before we get it properly transferred (tho i know we will still have to pay our monthly charge !) Just too many other things we need to buy at the moment Sad
N/A

Moving house!!!

Arrrghhh.. i just checked and it says if we currently pay by direct debit then we need to add credit/debit card details before we can procedeHuh?

We havent access to either debit or credit cardsHuh? What on earth are we meant to do instead? Do any of you know if this is the only way to get it moved? When i set everything up originally we didnt need a debit or credit card so i cant see why we need one nowHuh

Ah well.. if we cant get it sorted then i guess it will be a case of i wil have to pay until my contract finishes in july and look elsewhere for our broadband Sad
Community Veteran

Moving house!!!

You can pay by cheque. You just need to raise a contact us ticket before you start the move process and state that is how you would like to pay.

You will just need to allow another 7 -> 10 days on top of the time it takes to move your ADSL for PlusNet to receive it and cash it
N/A

Moving house!!!

thanks very much... although i will have to see who we can con into writing a cheque for us as we dont have a cheque book either! lol

thanks for your help tho. i will have to take a good look at how we can sort it out when i get the proper moving date as at the moment all i know is its in a couple of weeks time!!!
Brickinit
Grafter

Moving house!!!

i'm sure they will accept postal orders. i don't know how you get around in this big bad world with no cards, you get fround on now if you go into a shop as they can't work out the change :lol:
Metalguru
Grafter

Moving house!!!

No Credit or Debit cards !

No Cheque book !!

No wonder your pregnant again !!! Cheesy

P.S
How do I get my wife to do that sort of thing
(Not the pregnancy bit, but the astute financial management).
N/A

Moving house!!!

It's hardwired into all women about financial management, but some can practice it better than others!

I'm about to move to dublin in the next 6 months... no 8mb! Sad

Craigster
holdtight
Grafter

Moving house!!!

So true Cheesy

what speeds they up to in Dublin then ? are you limited to 1 - 2meg ?

i dont know how it works over there wont it be rolled out the same as it is here
only maybe take a while longer
N/A

Moving house!!!

I'm about to move to dublin in the next 6 months... no 8mb! Sad
Craigster

Not too far from me mate, well, 52 miles... OVER WATER!!!
Community Veteran

Moving house!!!

I imagine Dublin's not too bad, but the rurual areas (90%) Ireland probably don't have and never will get ADSL.

Northern Ireland has 100% coverage of it's exchanges.
N/A

Moving house!!!

LOL.. yes.. i cant go shopping all day long so i get pregnant! hahahah

I used to be married many moons ago and had lots of credit cards.. but when we split i vowed never ever again!!! (on marriage and the debt! lol) so we only deal in cash now.. that way we cant spend what we dont have Smiley

pain in the bum tho.. we cant hire a van to move house as we dont have a credit card etc with signatures on!!! aarrghhhh...
N/A

Moving house!!!

on the subject of the credit/debit card as payment for the plusnet move... does it have to be in my nameHuh If not i have found a willing victim.. erm i mean volunteer who will use their card on my behalf and let me give them the cash!
holdtight
Grafter

Moving house!!!

No it doesnt have to be in your name Lisa it can be anybody`s, i had to do the same and also found some prey - volunteer (whichever) Wink