cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most stupid idea of the century...

N/A

Not sure what the point of this is - take a good os and platform, rip the good os off and put Winblows on it...

Hackers have managed to get Microsoft's Windows XP operating system running on an Apple Mac computer.
Not even Apple's own technical staff thought the feat was possible.

Wink
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Couple of inaccuracies there: you don't have to rip the Mac OS off it to get Windows on it, and I don't believe I've ever seen anything that says Apple thought it was impossible...

...That said, I certainly wouldn't mind a solution like that for my Mac (as we have two Macs and no PCs in the house)... just allow me to tinker around with Windows or run the occasional Windows-only app when I needed to.

Thomas
N/A

VirtualPC - Used to be from Connectix but Microsoft own it now. Surprisingly it still works!
- run XP quite happily on a 5-6 year old mac (or older if you've got the patience). Try that on a 5 year old pentium.
- run 2000, NT, 98, 95 all at the same time as well. Leave them all ticking away in the background while you do something useful in OSX.
- Be prepared to lose a chunk of disk space. It makes a virtual disk image for each PC at least the size of the windows system installation, then gets bigger as you add stuff (or you can just wave goodbye to 15Gb from the outset).
N/A

ignore
N/A

This isn't using Virtual PC - that was the whole point of the experiment - it was to see if anyone could make a dual boot intel mac which could run Mac OSX and Win XP side byside without any negative effect on either OS.
Community Veteran

Furthermore, VPC simply doesn't run on Intel Macs anyway.

Thomas