cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem bandwidth limit ?

N/A

Modem bandwidth limit ?

I understand that bt is updating its exchanges and free-online users will be seeing an upgraded line speed.

I have noticed that when i now connect it say im conencted at 1.0 mbs, however my modem that i bought as part of my original free-online package (USB Dynamode a360) is still only allowing me to download at 576kbps and confirms its set at this speed in the 'control and status' screen.

Is this a problem with my modem, am i not receiving the amount of bandwith i should be doing, and if so how do i configure my modem to allow for the extra download rate ?

Greg. Smiley
3 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

Modem bandwidth limit ?

Hi

Have you tried to see if there are any updated drivers for your modem ?

http://www.dynamode.co.uk/support/adsl_m-adsl-c.html

also another isp has info on this modem

http://support.metronet.co.uk/adsl/equipment/dynamode/a360/

just a starting point for you.

Regards
Geez
Grafter

Re: Modem bandwidth limit ?

I have noticed that when i now connect it say im conencted at 1.0 mbs, however my modem that i bought as part of my original free-online package (USB Dynamode a360) is still only allowing me to download at 576kbps and confirms its set at this speed in the 'control and status' screen.

Is this a problem with my modem, am i not receiving the amount of bandwith i should be doing, and if so how do i configure my modem to allow for the extra download rate ?

Greg. Smiley

Hi Greg,

Did you manage to sort this out as there must be a lot of us still using the A360 modem on 576Kbps eagerly awaiting our speed upgrade

I haven't found any way of setting the speed - the manual is very basic and having the latest driver doesn't help!

Chris
N/A

Modem bandwidth limit ?

Ermmm

Have any FOl users received any form of communication from FOL that the line speed has been upgraded?

If not - why not? Maybe that BT has increasee the speed - but FOL hasnt - I dunno - but it would sure be nice to find out what the hell is going on with our line speeds - maybe before next year!

Big Vic