cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Email Using a PDA

N/A

Mobile Email Using a PDA

Does anyone out there have experience or know if I can use a PDA to collect email from my Force9 mailbox? Such as the Compaq ipaq or the Palm or Toshiba Pocket PC.
--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mobile Email Using a PDA

> Does anyone out there have experience or know if I can use a PDA to collect email from my Force9 mailbox? Such as the Compaq ipaq or the Palm or Toshiba Pocket PC.
>
> --

Yes, you certainly can. I used a compaq ipaq 38x series with a GPRS expansion jacket (phone orange and enable the sim for data). In your email settings on the PDA put the exact settings you have been given by force 9 in the connection settings tab on the f9 website.

You shouldnt have a problem.

Michael

N/A

RE: Mobile Email Using a PDA

> Does anyone out there have experience or know if I can use a PDA to collect email from my Force9 mailbox? Such as the Compaq ipaq or the Palm or Toshiba Pocket PC.
>
> --

Yes, you certainly can. I used a compaq ipaq 38x series with a GPRS expansion jacket (phone orange and enable the sim for data). In your email settings on the PDA put the exact settings you have been given by force 9 in the connection settings tab on the f9 website.

You shouldnt have a problem.

Michael

N/A

Mobile Email Using a PDA

Except for outgoing mail. Assuming you're using GPRS you won't be able to relay mail from F9's servers, you must use the outgoing mail server of your GPRS providor.

Also remember to check the leave mail on server box so you can download you mail later to you main machine for a complete archive.

It works really well. I've had mobile e-mail for about three years now and it really is great, enjoy.