cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixing PHP and HTML and image store

N/A

Sorry guys for being thick here, but please help out; I'm sure its been asked before and the answer is simple but I can't seem to find it...

I'm implementing an on-line shopping site, mysql driven with PHP. I have loads of images and relatively few dynamic pages and even fewer raw html pages. Now I know that I need to put the php pages on the cgi server and the images and html on the homepages server. Given that I am using Dreamweaver to build my site, how on earth do I publish it to f9 to make things work?

I can't tell Dreamweaver that everytime I use an image it can be found on http://..../images/*.jpg but all php files are on http://cgi...../*.php. It understands that you publish your web site to ONE domain, not several. Also I'm not sure how well the filesystem functions of php will cope with the majority of its files being on a different server.

Can anybody help? even if it is RTFM just let me know which one to read and I'll endulge. I do have a domain name if that is any help. I read the FAQ about CGI and domain names and I didn't see how it solves the basic problem of having a cgi subdomain.

Many Thanks,
Jim
3 REPLIES
N/A

You can (unofficially) use all your quota on the CGI server if you wish. If you own a domain name, you can even get this pointed at hte CGI server.
N/A

Unfortunately, my image store is greater than 50mb which I think is the quote on the cgi server. Also, I guess I am concerned that the site would run like a dog given the warning in the FAQ that the CGI server is far slower than the HTML server.

I might have to resort to that as a last resort though and just leave the high quality images on the HTML server and place the medium and low fidelity images on the CGI one.

What a pain in the a...... :?
N/A

Maybe I wasn't clear - If you're account type gives you 250MB of Webspace, you can use all that 250MB on the CGI server (unofficially) if you wish.