cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marie Celeste?

Alecto
Grafter

Marie Celeste?

Well, where is everybody? Since the night-owls left in the early hours, there has beenless than a handful of posts.

Two possible reasons spring to mind:
one is that Plusnet have everything sorted now, and everybody has a superfast, dropless, flawless service;
the other is that the regular posters have all been banned by Mark or Tom after a heavy night on the sauce when their desire for revenge got the better of them.

Oh well, as Fleetwood Mac said. :lol:
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Marie Celeste?

I'm still on gaurd so no stiring trouble Geoff!
N/A

Marie Celeste?

Its taken me till now(ish) to get connected again!
(OK, I fib a bit, I had access via the trusty dial-up)

The rest of the company was languishing without access whilst waiting for a stale session to time out to allow our router to reconnect.

(And even though the portal runs slowly on ADSL its absolute hell trying to post on 115k dial-up)
shellsong
Grafter

Marie Celeste?

I've been having problems getting my somewhat heavily tabbed Firefox running-- I have to keep aborting it during startup because it grinds to a halt and overheats my laptop at present and I'm beginning to wonder whether there's some sort of throttling going on, either by contention or intention

Anyone know of any issues at present that might be causing this? Maybe a DNS thing even?
N/A

Marie Celeste?

The service status post made reference to problems with the ptn-ag2 gateway.
Perhaps it has thrown the network out of balance slightly and caused extra congestion in some places.

After I powered off my router for an hour, then powered back up and re-synched I am experiencing some of the fastest speeds I've seen with PN for some time.

Perhaps I have some of your bandwidth? (If I do, you ain't having it back - I like it Wink )

Could be worth powering off/disconnecting for an hour then reconnecting to see if there is any improvement at your end.
shellsong
Grafter

Marie Celeste?

I'm on pte-ag1 at present and have been for about 19 days so the service status duplicate posting Wink today shouldn't have affected me unless it's caused a lot of hitchhikers. I used to aim for the ptn gateways but I've given up on multicast for the time being
N/A

Marie Celeste?

The multi posting wasn't the only balls up in service status!

The 'Planned Router Maintenance' post told us that the work would take place between 05.00 and 07.00 and would take up to 3hrs.

Confuddled!
N/A

Marie Celeste?

Just passing through... trying to find out what happend to the news service. The servers seem up but there have been no posts recieved by them for 36 hours (at least on the ones I frequent).
N/A

Marie Celeste?

I don't use them, so I can't give you much advice unfortuantely. I did notice some service status postings over the last few days though - could be worth a look in there to see if it answers any questions you have.
N/A

Marie Celeste?

Yeah done that. Just says they are working on it.
shellsong
Grafter

Marie Celeste?

Most of my browsing at present is going like a nonagenarian with a lead zimmerframe!