cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailwasher v1.33

N/A

Mailwasher v1.33

I am very tight and run the original multi account version of Mailwasher. It has served me well for many years and I can think of no reason to upgrade (read pay) for a new version as I don't really see how it will be of benefit.

In the past when using 56k modem and usb adsl modem, I have always had it set to check at 10 minute intervals for new messages which it has done successfully. Since changing to a router, I am constantly coming back to it say 20- 30 minutes later to see the message "skipped check as no internet connection available". Now, I know my pc is connected to the net, so how I can I convince Mailwasher?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mark
4 REPLIES
N/A

Mailwasher v1.33

Hi Mark,

If you go to the mailwasher website, it explains better than I can how to enable error logging, this might help?

http://www.firetrust.com/

or

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Ivan
N/A

Mailwasher v1.33

I think it is a problem I am going to have to live with. This version is donkeys years old, but has multi account support, which the current free version doesn't.

Thanks anyway.

Mark
N/A

Mailwasher v1.33

Hi Mark,

I have used almost every version of Mailwasher since Nick Bolton created the program and thats quite a few years back now. I have to say its a wonderful piece of software and I for one definately would never want to be without it. It makes email life bearable, otherwise it would be insufferable.

Cheers Ivan
holdtight
Grafter

Mailwasher v1.33

Hi Mark
Im also running the older version with no intention of changing, tried V2 but can see no benefit just the drawback of the mentioned single acount use

You may want to take a look at your router settings ie the "connect on demand" and "keep alive" setting

If its set to connect on demand change it to keep alive and retain the default 30 second number this should hopefully cure your problem with mailwasher

Bill.