Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailto: links not working!

N/A

Mailto: links not working!

I recently hit a problem which I feel must be due to browser settings
but I can't find the exact cause.

Using the mailto: hyperlink to receive visitor emails recently clicking on such a link (on my or anybody's site)
All I get is an avalanche of "cannot find this page" windows opening in rapid succession. Very annoying and hard to stop!

Must be a minor problem but I can't figure it out!

Anyone?

Warmest regards

G.Meyers
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mailto: links not working!

I assume your mailto is set up correct ie

<a href="mailto:fred@plus.net">mail</a>

the other thing is setting a default email client in IE do this in IE/Tools/Internet OPtions/programes and set your email client here. If this is not set the it does send IE Luppy

> I recently hit a problem which I feel must be due to browser settings
> but I can't find the exact cause.
>
> Using the mailto: hyperlink to receive visitor emails recently clicking on such a link (on my or anybody's site)
> All I get is an avalanche of "cannot find this page" windows opening in rapid succession. Very annoying and hard to stop!
>
> Must be a minor problem but I can't figure it out!
>
> Anyone?
>
> Warmest regards
>
>
> G.Meyers

N/A

What client are you using.

This is somthing that happens on "The Bat!", if you havn't slected a account to deal with Mailto links.
N/A

> I assume your mailto is set up correct ie
>
> <a href="mailto:fred@plus.net">mail</a>
>
> the other thing is setting a default email client in IE do this in IE/Tools/Internet OPtions/programes and set your email client here. If this is not set the it does send IE Luppy
>
> > I recently hit a problem which I feel must be due to browser settings
> > but I can't find the exact cause.
> >
> > Using the mailto: hyperlink to receive visitor emails recently clicking on such a link (on my or anybody's site)
> > All I get is an avalanche of "cannot find this page" windows opening in rapid succession. Very annoying and hard to stop!
> >
> > Must be a minor problem but I can't figure it out!
> >
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Warmest regards
> >
> >
> > G.Meyers
>
>

Also go into OE and make sure it is set as the default mail client, there is a button on one of the property pages for "Make OE the Default for Mail". Or try a decent EMail program like The BAT! Smiley))))