cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail attachments appearing as winmail.dat

N/A

Mail attachments appearing as winmail.dat

Hi

I use Outlook as my email client and am finding that when I send emails to particular email addresses including an attachment, they cannot open the attachment as it appears as winmail.dat.

However, the email and attachment does work if I go onto the PlusNet webmail and send it from there.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Chris
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mail attachments appearing as winmail.dat

These particular email addresses....well they maybe using Lotus Notes as their mailserver. To overcome this problem make sure that you are composing messages in Plain text and not Rich text or Word as your editor. There is a known issue of winmail.dat attachments being sent to clients who utilise Lotus Notes.

I am 99% sure that this will solve your problem. If not, then I ain't gotta clue...lol
N/A

RE: Mail attachments appearing as winmail.dat

> These particular email addresses....well they maybe using Lotus Notes as their mailserver. To overcome this problem make sure that you are composing messages in Plain text and not Rich text or Word as your editor. There is a known issue of winmail.dat attachments being sent to clients who utilise Lotus Notes.
>
> I am 99% sure that this will solve your problem. If not, then I ain't gotta clue...lol

Hi Gurdeep - tried what you suggested and it worked!

Thanks very much

Chris