cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN domain emails?

N/A

MSN domain emails?

Does anyone here know how I could create an email which would work with MSN messenger? like a user@domainname.co.uk etc... Is this at all possible well I know it is lol, but not sure quite what the requirements are?
10 REPLIES
N/A

MSN domain emails?

If what you mean is using a non-MSN email address to use to log into MSN messenger then all you need to do is create a passport with any valid email address (i use my djarv.co.uk domain).

The passport homepage has a link to create a passport and "Use an e-mail address you already have". To verify you will just need to click the link in the email they send to that email account.

Hope that helps,

Jarv
N/A

MSN domain emails?

ok well I don't yet have an email at my domain, I have the domain, now I was wondering who do I set the email up with 123-reg.co.uk ? Take it I do, they only forward so I am not sure if I can make an email to forward to an actual ISP account or hotmail and just use the user@domainname.co.uk for example.. Will see what I can do Smiley thanks Jarvis.
N/A

MSN domain emails?

do I have to do something to do with the MX records on the Force9 domain name control panel? Not too familliar with how they work so nto sure iquite waht I need to do to get a user@mydomain.co.uk address
N/A

MSN domain emails?

ok well I don't yet have an email at my domain, I have the domain, now I was wondering who do I set the email up with 123-reg.co.uk ? Take it I do, they only forward so I am not sure if I can make an email to forward to an actual ISP account or hotmail and just use the user@domainname.co.uk for example.. Will see what I can do Smiley thanks Jarvis.

Your domain name is under the control of F9 now (assuming it is the one from last week) and 123 have nothing to do with the day to day operations of it, only the renewal. Emails to jack@jill.co.uk will go to the jack@jill.f9.co.uk mailbox.

Mark
N/A

MSN domain emails?

So... can I make a mainlbox this is another question at the moment all email goes to whoever runs outlook express first... I would like to make it so that I can launch outlook express and it goes to MY outlook express nto the others is that possible? Also how do I create my email address with Force9? do I make an MX record or something? Sorry lol not that familliar with this part just yet, this is all fairly new.
N/A

MSN domain emails?

you can set up outlook express to access the mailbox using IMAP (selectable when you enter the server names instead of POP3) which basically means you dont download the emails, just the list, and when you open them the email is downloaded to be viewed, but the email is still on the server. Hope that makes sense!! IMAP server is imap.force9.net (instead of mail.force9.net for POP3).

Alternative is that you continue to use POP3 but set all computers bar one up to 'dont delete the email from the server' so that a copy of all the emails ends up on one PC (this is how I do it). If you want info on how to do that let me know.

I have been a bit vague but I dont exactly know what you want to do yet!! Smiley

Hope that helps,
Jarv
N/A

MSN domain emails?

firstly I wasnt to find where my user@domain.co.uk email varification email for that passport thing for the MSN email address, that's the first thing, but yeah I oculd change it to the other settings that could help Smiley
N/A

MSN domain emails?

If you have a mailbox for that email address (as didit described) then it will be in there, otherwise it will be in your default catch-all F9 account.
N/A

MSN domain emails?

nope don't think there is a mail box set up but checked through email and doesn't appear to be anything there to do with varification I havn't set anything up in the DNS seup or anything for this email yet, so doesn't know if that means that I could have anything@domain.co.uk and it would work, tried sending an email from hotmail to that address and never worked :-(
N/A

MSN domain emails?

realised I had the configure thing in the domain settings set up to DNS settings :S not sure if there is a way of using the domain settings to forward mail somewhere else.. put it on pop3 but I guess it will take about a day or so to go back to that setting.

EDIT: Is there a good mail server software which I could run on my computer which I could set up mail to be forwarded to in the DNS set up? and how woul I o about doing this? I think i need to get IIS for XP, but I don't seem to have that :-(