cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost attachments

N/A

Lost attachments

I've started getting the message "OE has removed dangerous attachment" everytime I get sent an attachment. I've tried sending myself .doc's and .jpg's but they are always removed.
I'm using Windows XP, Outlook Express and Mailwasher.
Any ideas anyone?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Lost attachments

I've had a think about this, and it seems obvious that the problem is Mail Washer. You can use it to delete large or unwanted attachments, but this isn't explained in the tutorial or faq's.
I haven't set it up to do anything other than preview my mail so I can manually bounce spam.
Does anyone use Mail Washer?

hektorshouse
Grafter

> I've had a think about this, and it seems obvious that the problem is Mail Washer. You can use it to delete large or unwanted attachments, but this isn't explained in the tutorial or faq's.
> I haven't set it up to do anything other than preview my mail so I can manually bounce spam.
> Does anyone use Mail Washer?
>
>

Disable or remove MailWasher, it does sound like the root cause of the problem. Then retry sending the attachment. Another cause could be the person receiving does not have a big enough mailbox to receive that size file, try a smaller file if the mailwasher option does not work.
N/A

It wasn't Mail washer after all. It seems that the "OE" part means Outlook Express, and there's a box in Tools, options, security which you can tick to prevent downloading of attachments. How this box got ticked I have no idea. It's ok now thanks.
N/A

> How this box got ticked I have no idea.

One of the recent "Windows updates" did it. A few of my clients have been stung by this. There is no warning prior to changing the default behaviour, which is a little infuriating Sad
N/A

> > How this box got ticked I have no idea.
>
> One of the recent "Windows updates" did it. A few of my clients have been stung by this. There is no warning prior to changing the default behaviour, which is a little infuriating Sad

------------------------
I had a similar thing at work. The option had been ticked and then greyed out so I couldn't un-tick it. Had to hack the registry for that one.
--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm