cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing my internet connection regularly

N/A

Over the last 4 - 5 weeks i have been losing my internet connectivity for 5 minutes or sometimes up to 2 days and i'm not sure whats causing it.

I'm running a wireless setup and in my connection settings on my router the DSL force9 connection states connected as it supplies my force9 static IP. I've checked my firewall settings on my router and in XP and this isn't the cause of the issue. Also i'm running static IPs for my LAN not DHCP, my machines are in a work group.

The werid thing is when i do lose my connectivity my DSL status on the router states connected!

Does any one have any idea's?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Have you been put on LLU? There are HEAPS of problems with it at the moment. If you look in the +Net newsgroup there are plenty of threads about connection being lost but staying synched.

Mark
N/A

Yeah thanks for that, just as i submitted the this post i found the reports on LLU.

Just one question, the LLU is related to the 8MB upgrade right?

Thanks,
Garry
N/A

LLU is where a 3rd party company puts equipment in the telephone exchange and runs your broadband service over their network instead of BT's. F9 have gone into partnership with Tiscali, which was done because LLU was seen as the cheaper option, also LLU has the potential for higher speeds of up to 24mb when it becomes available.

BT Max on the other hand is only available at speeds of up to 8mb, so you see, if Tiscali/ F9 can get their act together, LLU is potentially the way to go in the future while BT drags its heels.

One thing I have noticed though is that Tiscali cap your SNR at 12db which will affect your speed, whereas on BT, mine is often between 0db and 2db and I only get 2mb speeds. If I was capped at 12db, I would probably only get 512!!

Mark