cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for tool to measure ADSL line stats?

N/A

Hi,

I dont use a router but connect using a USB broadband modem (DSL 200 from D-Link) it doesnt have any clever line measurement features. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any freeware software tools to measure my ADSL Line statistics such as SNR, Attenuation and so forth.

**Not a packet analyser or packet sniffer**

Ivan
4 REPLIES
N/A

I would have thought that that would have to have been something that you would need hardware to be able to sense/measure? Sad
N/A

Replying Re: ADSL Tools

Hi Jarvis,

I'm really NOT certain about this? I was thinking that if you have a live internet connect then it should be possible that a software tool could run diagnositic tests to report such line stats. After all isnt that what some routers do already?

**But its a fair comment as I've already run google searches on this topic but nothing remotely helpful comes back.

Ivan
N/A

The device will know, but D-link are a strange company when it comes to drivers and utilities. If you have a look at their website some of their DSL modems have diagnistic utilities and some don't. :?

I'm assuming you've checked the CD properly, there may be something tucked away, otherwise you'll probably be out of luck.
N/A

ADSL Line tools

Hi Matley,

Thanks for your reply, yes! I have to agree with you DLink are abit strange like you say. No! I have had a good hard look over the DLink website and found zilch!! So agree looks like I'm out of luck, I think if there were freeware tools capable of giving these measurements & stats I would have found them by now. I've run mutiple google and other engine searches but nothing comes back.

**In defence of DLink my DSL 200 Broadband USB Modem is extremely well documented and has been a fantastic peice of kit from day 1 and I've never had any problems with it.

**DLink have changed the design of the DSL200 its gone from a flat fish type design to a sit up and beg design very strange, but hay if it works I guess its not that important what it looks like right! It gives 2MB's so I'm definately not complaining.

Ivan