cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Election are you voting?

Community Veteran

Who's voting in the local election and if you don't mind saying who for?

Im not sure myself. Ive voted previously but I think its a waste of time.
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Don't think I'll vote to be honest - I don't know enough about the candidates, and I'm not really inclined to go finding out about them either. More important things to be getting on with!

Thomas
N/A

I always vote, it's one of the few things that is still free in this country. Smiley

And I shall not be voting for this shambolic lot that are in power at moment. :roll:
Brickinit
Grafter

do you not think you should have had a poll on this posting? Wink
chrisco
Grafter

Of course I shall vote, any thing to give Bliar a kick up the Kyber (miss-spelling intentional!)
My personal view is everyone who has a vote should use it, it's a fundimental right in a democracy, so come on all you who think whats the point, waste of time etc, if everyone had that attitude we'll be stuck with this useless bunch of crooks for ever! :roll:

Regards, Chris Cole
Alecto
Grafter

A lot of people I talk to agree with the policies of the BNP. It's just the reputation as thugs that puts them off voting BNP (but then New Labour has its own thug in the form of the Deputy Prime Minister).. If the party could get a reputable figurehead and kick out the violent element, they'd stand a chance.

Trouble is of course that those in power won't listen to the people, and when BNP get elected in a seat, they just dismiss it as an aberration rather than thinking what they could learn from it.

We've no elections this time so I'm not voting.
Was it Harold Wilson who said "If voting made any difference, they'd abolish it"?
Community Veteran

I think there should be a "non of the above" choice on the voting sheet.

General election - I voted labour last time and I'd probably do the same if there was a general one next week, they meet my needs more than anyone else govenment wise.

Locally though, who've I got to choose from -
UKIP - no thanks, I'm pro Europe.
Lib Dem - They've ran Sheffield council recently and made a pigs ear of it
Labour - Ditto
Conservative - I'd never vote for them in a general election, but maybe they'd do a good job for me locally.
Green Party - Other than the environment I dont know much about thier policies.

The only people who've posted a leaflet through my door are Labour, but it was full of lies and the local council taking credit for the good things that the govenment have done in my area.

I'm tempted to run for my local election myself next time round as an independant, that way I'll know Im making a difference to something.
N/A

MRLP! Cheesy
N/A

I'm tempted to run for my local election myself next time round as an independant, that way I'll know Im making a difference to something.

A independant won round here a few years back, on a ticket to remove speed bumps. he was elected and held the balance of power on the council.
He couldn't lose really, the council had gone mad with speed bumps and raised junctions. Spending huge sums sticking them everywhere and then having to reshape or realign them because they put then in without much thought..
And finally spending another fortune taking them up for good.
shellsong
Grafter

I'm in favour of the negative vote-- the one closest to zero gets in! Tongue
Community Veteran

What area of the country do you live in Paul?
N/A

Derbyshire
N/A

Close enough to you Chris Wink
N/A

I'll vote for the local councillor who has been the most active in this area. Local elections, to me are not particularly about their National Party.

BNP eh? I did wonder if anybody would consider voting for them. Wink
Community Veteran

Close enough to you Chris

I work in Derbyshire - Eckington, but Derbyshires a big place!