Linux

eh.. I was bored Cool
5 REPLIES
N/A

Linux

Can't think of a better reason to install gentoo
N/A

Linux

Well.. more of a probe to see if there's any Linux users out there, rather than the same old Smiley.
Yes, Gentoo is great Smiley
N/A

Linux

No it isn't.

It's OK. not great.

No linux distro is great yet, mandrake clostest IMO but still the OS of choice or those the don't cost their time.

Wink
N/A

Linux apps

Hi,

Yes! I have tried Linux and Yes! fair do's its a pretty dam good OS with some very very nice features. So DONT get me wrong here I am very much pro Linux and open source software. But sadly in the end what I felt let Red Hat and other flavoures of linux down was its lack of user friendly major applications.

**OK this was a few years back and the only app available then was Sun's Star Office suite which wasnt at all well written, it was abit like an over stuffed cream bun, too many programs in the suite. AFter I installed it I found it very complicated and very user unfriendly sadly. The main feature which I definately didnt like with star office was how it took over your entire desktop, quick launch tool bar and star button (Yes! one start button, tool bar and start menu is bad enough two sorry! you have to be kidding me even if it was freeware at the time) Of course star office may well have improved beyond belief now I certainly hope so.

Ivan
N/A

Open BSD!

I do like Open BSD, while strictly a UNIX type free OS and not Linux... It's great! I hopefully will buy it in May when 3.7 comes out Cheesy