cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Attenuation SAR130

N/A

Line Attenuation SAR130

I've recently re-joined F9 with the up to 2mb package. However, I can only get about 1mb I think. I'm using a Solwise SAR 130 router which used to come with most F9 packages a year or two ago. I brought f9 up on this and they've asked me to provide them with my line attenuation details to see why i'm not getting 2mb. Anyone got any idea where to find this?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Replying Solwise 130 router & attenuation stats? Ivan

Hello jhutti38,

I did a google search and went to the Solwise website and downloaded the user manual PDF for the Solwise 130 router. I had a careful look through the manual but no where did I see any mention of the Solwise 130 logging line statistics? I think you need to ask support to kindly carry out a whoosh test for you and this should help confirm you line conditions.

Ivan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Line Attenuation SAR130

Hi,

The SAR110 can show the line stats, and this is pretty similar to the 130, might be worth a look at the following.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q1/sar_110.asp
N/A

130 solwise,Ivan

Hi jhutti38,
You need to look for DSL Parameters on your router if the 130 has this, this should give you the information your after.

Ivan
N/A

Line Attenuation SAR130

Absolute legengds Absolute legends. Thank you very much :-) . Im a happpy man :-)
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi,

we aim to please where we can!! your most welcome!! Cool

Cheers Ivan
N/A

Line Attenuation SAR130

Right heres the next problem. Can the Solwise SAR 130 handle download speeds of 2mbps? I'm signed up to the correct account but am only getting 1024kbps downstream. Any ideas? Also how do I open up a port on this router? I've tried, thinking it was quite basic as theres a page for it, but it doesnt work. Challenging
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi jhutti38,

OK! so your certain your on a 2MB BB service, can I just check with you? have you had your service/connection unthrottled? If you havent yet had it unthrottled then of course you wont get the full capability of the service. Too unthrottle the service you will need to a) Contact CS by phone and explain the problem and ask them to unthrottle the service for you ASAP! b) You could do the same but by openning a contact us ticket (slower option) from here on the portal.

**If your service has already been unthrottled then thats a wee bit more challenging?

**Have you optimised your ADSL service?, I did this by tweaking my system and services MTU values. I used a very neat tool called TCPOptimiser which is a small util that is freeware and you can download a copy from http://www.speedguide.com (look for TCPOpitimiser.exe). This tool will optimise your specific connection to its best performce and it had a significant effect on my connections performance (speeds). You can check the speeds before and after of course using any on the web based testers such as http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

**What makes you so certain that this problem IS with the router & ports? (I'm NOT saying a router problem can be ruled out) but what specific symptoms make you think this? With trouble shooting its very important too try and avoid making assumptions, or having preconsceived ideas as to what the real cause is.

**PS: I'd be pretty surpised if the Solwise 130 router couldnt handle a bog standard 2MB service. My humble D-Link modem was purchased about 3years ago and its 8MB ready.

Ivan
N/A

Line Attenuation SAR130

wow already a response and that detailed. So many thigns to do i will try them tomrrow. After that theres gonna be a wait as i'm starting uni. But tomrrow I will try evrything and get back to you. Thanks again
N/A

Line Attenuation SAR130

I ddin't see this earlier, mine you hadn't read this forum for a while

The SAR130 is quite an easy piece of kit to use, if need any help on it then send me a private mail.

if you look on solwise forums there are quite a few posts from me in the past giving out help on how to configure various stuff.

Another good place is to look at chippies instructions, the link is on solwise forums.

the only problem I had with the SAR130 is that there are some bugs in it, and if the logs get too big it will crash the router. Solwise wouldn't release the last firmware for it as they couldn't work out how to fix some issues, even though they were told what they were.

I sold the router to a friend and gave him the test firmware which i got working without any problems, it has some new good features on it.

also remember if you don't set some of the options up correctly on it, your system will be wide open, especially ports 21,23,80.

the firewall is very easy to configure, remember to set your stealth rule as the first rule.

as for download speeds, it is capable of upto 8mb

regards
mike

ps if you want the last working firmware or any other help on this router let me know.