cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning

Community Veteran

Lightning

Anyone else have a problem recently with lightning strikes breifly cutting the power to your house and stopping downloads? Seams to be happening every week here. I love thunderstorms but I am starting to get pi**ed off now having to continously log back onto my computer and restart Bitcomet after very short power failures. Was thinking of a UPS but nearby lightning strikes would probably knock that off too.
25 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Lightning

It's Plusnet's fault.
They should do something to prevent lightning cutting off your service, or at least give you compensation when it does.
Talk to a lawyer. :lol:
N/A

Lightning

ROFL
holdtight
Grafter

Lightning

LOL !

You been spending a lot of time over at ADSL guide by any chance Geoff ?Huh
Alecto
Grafter

Lightning

Never go there Bill. Can't get used to the format.
i rely on kind people telling me on here what's going on over there.

But I've been with Plusnet long enough to know that it's their fault. Whatever it is. :lol:
holdtight
Grafter

Lightning

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Community Veteran

Lightning

It's Plusnet's fault.
They should do something to prevent lightning cutting off your service, or at least give you compensation when it does.
Talk to a lawyer. :lol:

I think it would be going a bit far to blame Plus Net for power failures at my house! (-:
Alecto
Grafter

Lightning

Come on sean, you're not trying hard enough!
I blame Pn when my cat decides not to come home. :lol:
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Lightning

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

Lightning

I blame PlusNet for Geoff being here Smiley
N/A

Lightning

I reckon plusnet should install lightening rods as a standard part of adsl installation...slackers!!!

Wink
Community Veteran

Lightning

ah but it's all self service now they'd send you the lightening rod and expect you to install it. And if you needed help installing it you'd have to ring the premium rate line Tongue
N/A

Lightning

One question i would have to ask, would it be subject to the SUP...

for example, after 3 lightening strikes, its ability is reduced to control them?Huh
N/A

Lightning

Well as far as I can think the likely event would be that you would be allowed 3 lightening strikes and after this time you would only be permitted another 1.5 flickers. After this you would get .75 tiny flashes and then they would refuse to work.

And off course in the event you couldnt get them to work to begin with you would be offered only limited help as they are only value added services and so do not qualify for frontline support :p

[/tongue in cheek]
Alecto
Grafter

Lightning

I blame PlusNet for Geoff being here Smiley

No, blame Evesham.
Their engineer recommended Force9, so I went with Pn because it was the same thing but bigger and had the better forums.

(At least they were better till I joined :lol: )