cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Latest Headlines' on Portal entry page

val
Grafter

'Latest Headlines' on Portal entry page

There was a headline that caught my eye today, "Brits Complain About The BBC's Anti-American Slant", and I followed the link to read the article.

I was surprised at the tone adopted from the start, and then realised I was reading a page from 'CyberAlert. Tracking Liberal Media Bias Since 1996', and not a newspaper or TV article.

It contained within it an "excerpt" from a Telegraph article, and was in fact the whole article except the important last two short paragraphs.

I question the ethics of linking to an article in a Cyberalert page *under the guise of 'Latest Headlines'*, especially when that article is a comment on the original news article, and especially when the original news article could have been linked to directly.
2 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: 'Latest Headlines' on Portal entry page

Hi Val,

I think you make a fair point. The news feed is provided by Moreover.com, which is a very reputable provider.

I will raise this with our management team and see if there is anything we can do to ensure that the headlines are more 'latest newsworthy'.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
watman

RE: 'Latest Headlines' on Portal entry page

<snip>
> I was surprised at the tone adopted from the start, and then realised I was reading a page from 'CyberAlert. Tracking Liberal Media Bias Since 1996', and not a newspaper or TV article.
</snip>
I too was surprised to see a link to this site. As far as I'm aware CyberAlert is a rather politically extreme right-wing website that continually puts forward the bogus view that the American media has a 'liberal bias'