Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Post

Alecto
Grafter

Last Post

Morning all

I'm off to my new ISP, so would just like to say Goodbye and Thank You to all those on the forums who have helped me in my time with Plusnet.

Over and Out.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Last Post

Its been fun! A shame to see you go, but I understand your reasons, and if I were in the same situation, I'd be outta here too.

Perhaps I'll pop into your new ISP's forums to say hi sometime.
holdtight
Grafter

Last Post

Good luck Geoff its a shame to see you have to go !

Bill.
Community Veteran

Last Post

Good luck Geoff, we will miss the winking cat and the whitty comments that you always seemed capable of coming out with. Sad
Community Veteran

Last Post

Hold on a min....

I didn't know Geoff was leaving!
N/A

Last Post

Yes, the P2P or lack thereof was the straw that broke the camels back.
N/A

Last Post

Hold on a min....

I didn't know Geoff was leaving!

Most of the Old Timers have gone and are int he process of agonising themselves on whether to or whether not to.

I was within 1 inch of leaving myself back in June / July time... But err nuff said.
N/A

Last Post

Heh, not got as far as thinking of moving my home account, but all my business ones were about to be moved until the recent review of the 'rolling contract' terms. MAC keys had been requested, and I was looking around at other supplier before they saw sense and altered the terms.
N/A

Last Post

Hey Geoff, you will have to stay in contact on MSN! As I will also be going early next month hopefully.
N/A

Last Post

Anyone who wants to keep in touch with Mr Pattison will probably find it fairly easy to identify him.

A certain chappie has this avatar
Look familiar to anybody.....?

@Nerval also admits to being a nearly ex-Plusnet peep.

PS - anyone can register on the IDNET forum - www.idnetters.co.uk
Community Veteran

Last Post

shame to see you go but I'm sure you'll pop in to my blog if I ever get this update out...

james - nerval that sounds like geoff to me Tongue
N/A

Last Post

PS - anyone can register on the IDNET forum - www.idnetters.co.uk

Just how many of these spin-off "netters" forums are cropping up? Cheesy

All the best Geoff Wink
Community Veteran

Last Post

hmm...

That's an idea.

"PlusNetters the original and best 'netters forum!"
N/A

Last Post

Original yes, best I wouldnt like to guess :p :lol:
N/A

Last Post

Word from "The other side"

What Happened When I Joined IDNet Today
« on: Today at 10:23:17 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was scheduled to transfer from Plusnet to IDNet today, so before turning off the computer last night I changed the login details on my router.

This morning, I turned on the computer and it connected to IDNet. What an anticlimax . Seamless is the word.

I noticed the browsing was faster straight away, so Plusnet must have been throttling it even at 8 a.m. Speed test (AG , Plusnet and Namesco) all reported about 4Mb, similar to what I'd normally get in the morning, so that's OK.

But I couldn't get the email to work. Tried all combinations of stuff in OE, but kept rejecting the password. At 9.23, I gave up and rang support to ask what I was doing wrong.
A gentleman said they were all busy but would ring me back.

Then I tried the BT Speedtest four times and each time it came up busy, but contact your ISP if it persists. This had always worked before even on my final test yesterday with Plusnet.

Meanwhile, more random messing about suddenly made the email work. Don't know what I did, and I would swear it was nothing I hadn't tried before. But I've heard that loads of times myself.

About 10 o'clock, just as the email sprang into life, a lady called Miriam rang me. I told her the email had solved itself, but I couldn't get the BT speedtest to work. She said that was normal as it is very heavily used at present. I'll try it later.

So all in all, very painless.

I don't know if you still ring people to ask how it's going, but in my case, it's going well so far.