cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lapland (yes another Xmas topic!!!)

N/A

My partner and I are considering planning a trip to Lapland next year to see father xmas (yes... were taking the kids too!!!!)..... I was wondering if any of you lot had been or know anyone thats been and what they have thought of it. Its a heck of a lot of cash.... more than we'd spend normally on a summer holiday!!! So im trying to find out opinions before we decide!

Many thanks

Cheesy
6 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

A friend of mine went there and back on a day trip from Leeds airport.
She said it was wonderful with all the snow, sleigh rides, grottos, reindeers, elves, Santas and stuff like that, and the host country really played up to the tacky sort of stuff that people want at Christmas and did it really well.
They took somebody else's child to pretend they weren't going for themselves.
She thought it was wonderful and by the sound of it, so would you.
Sounds like a day is enough.

Not my sort of thing though - I'm a Bah Humbug! type, but then each to his/her own.
Brickinit
Grafter

you might not have read in the national papers this week, some people who splashed out loads on this trip, didn't get to meet santa. the reason. he was too busy!
N/A

no.. i didnt read that Sad how sad........

if we do go we will probably go for the 3/4 day break they do and not just the one day thing. Someone hubby works with has just got back and said it was fantastic but the kids were just way too tired as its such a long treck for one day.
Alecto
Grafter

Yes
My wife's just told me of somebody in the press spent £2000 each and ended up meeting Santa in somebody's kitchen, and Santa couldn't speak English.
Looks like it's gone down in the couple of years since my friend's daytrip!!! Cry
Alecto
Grafter

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

No no... just come up here and meet the local red deer - much better..... and a lot cheaper too Cheesy
Only problem might be Santa but I'm sure if the kids write early enough he'll know you're all here and put in an appearance Wink