Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOUSY SERVICE

dgharrison
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

Sad

Have I just been unlucky or has anyone else found the service has been lousy since plus net took over?

I have had to try to run my business with no email and no web service sometimes for days on end.

"support" line never has less than half an hour wait.

service status page is never updated with correct unformation.

What a lousy start.

David Harrison
15 REPLIES
N/A

LOUSY SERVICE

javascript:emoticon('Cry')

I rather agree.
What is going on!!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

LOUSY SERVICE

I think we have all suffered to some degree from the "teething troubles" hence the overloading of C/S phones and tickets system.
We have been promised that "things can only get better" unforunately quite a bit of their resources have been tied up in "fire fighting", rather than adding customer valve which was the Plusnet aim when they took over Metronet. Hope fully, given a little time the dust should start to settle.
dgharrison
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

We have just suffered another 5 day period with no emails. Most of the engineers had not even heard of the metronet inuk service so could not help until Monday morning when those who had heard of it eventually got round to looking at it this afternoon, more than 3 days after it was reported.

That was after 60 minutes on hold to their long distance number (all other lines were permanently engaged).

They seem to need more people answering phones, and more engineers (who have been trained in the systems they are working on) to fix the problems when they occur.

They should also stop cllaiming a 24 hour 7 day week service when there was no-one to look at the problem my system had for the whole weekend. It is a five day a week, 9 til 5 "service".

They don't seem to realise that when things go wrong it is people's lievelyhoods that are at stake. 5 days of no email for me means 5 days with no income.

In the ten or so years I have used Metronet I had no problems that were not sorted within half an hour. Since Plusnet appeared on the scene I have yet to have the telephone answered within half an hour.

Time to find a new ISP. Anyone know anything about hosting your own service?
Peterxrm
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

If you are contemplating looking for potential customers you must be better than +net and that may be an easy task.
PeterG
dgharrison
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

No, don't want to run an ISP. It's just seems silly to pay someone else a lot of money to do a c**p job, if it is not too complicated to do a decent job for myself.
Community Veteran

LOUSY SERVICE

Hi

I you are serious about setting up your own email server - then if I we you I would ask the question over on the forums at www.adslguide.org.uk there are some very clever people hanging around who will be more than happy to give you some pointers.
dgharrison
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
N/A

Setting up one's own e-mail server

David,
If you find something useful, why don't you let the rest of us dissatisfied users know?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
dgharrison
Grafter

LOUSY SERVICE

Had a look, but it all looks too complex and time consuming.

Lets hope either metronet / plusnet get their acts together, or I can find someone better. Been looking at zen internet who seem to have a good track record. Anyone heard anything bad about them?
N/A

LOUSY SERVICE

It's an awful long time since I looked at the Internet Magazine for its ratings of ISPs ( since I was very satisfied with Metronet).
Maybe zeninternet is rated there, as well as Metronet/Plusnet and maybe there is one that comes out tops for consistent recent reliability and service.
Maybe I'll take a look
Community Veteran

LOUSY SERVICE

I've heard good reports about Zen - but a tad expensive if you are a low data user.
N/A

LOUSY SERVICE

If you want to set up your own email server search for a free product called e-smith server. Can't find it right now but it was a product that got taken over by Mitel I think but there are still free downloads around. It is brilliant. I installed mine in about 10 minutes 3 years ago and the only time it's been re-booted is when there's been a power cut.

Aha! here you go:

http://contribs.org/modules/news/

It runs Linux and I run mine on an old P1 100MHz PC.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Accidental duplicate post removed]
N/A

LOUSY SERVICE

I wonder if the low quality of service plusnet is offering is deliberate. Maybe they know that a lot of people will leave but a lot more will put up the the poor quality of service.

I for one keep threatening to leave but have never got round to it. But its getting to the point where I think they are extracting some yellow type liquid from us.
N/A

LOUSY SERVICE

Hi David, I see I am not alone in condemming the discraceful non-existant service now being provided, I didnt note your post when entering mine on the 19th April. Lets hope Metronet actually read this board and do something about it, otherwise I will be going elswhere! Best Regards, John.