cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Problem

N/A

Keyboard Problem

Hi

I have a little problem which is a bit of an inconvenience more than anything, which has just started up recently. I wondered if anyone else had had this problem and knows what causes it.

When I start up my computer after it's been shut down I get the message that there is no keyboard connected or there is a fault with the keyboard.( it doesn't do this after re-start). If I shut down the computer and unplug the keyboard, leave it for 10 minutes or so, then plug the keyboard back in and start the computer all is O.K.

Each time I shut the computer down I have to unplug the keyboard, then plug it back in before I start it.

Any Ideas anyone?

Ken

--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Keyboard Problem

Is it the bios or O/S saying this? I would suspect that there is a IRQ conflict, you may have another device trying to use the irq. I may be somthing that you dont use offten. The keyboard is on IRQ 1 depending on os use the system info to see if there is any shared IRQ. If you have lots of board plug in swaping them round may help. It seems to find something with irq 1 or IO address before it finds the keyboard.

You may find if you get the message and leave the pc on and unplug the keyboard and plug it back in it will detect it.

Can we assume the keyboard isnt faulty?

> Hi
>
> I have a little problem which is a bit of an inconvenience more than anything, which has just started up recently. I wondered if anyone else had had this problem and knows what causes it.
>
> When I start up my computer after it's been shut down I get the message that there is no keyboard connected or there is a fault with the keyboard.( it doesn't do this after re-start). If I shut down the computer and unplug the keyboard, leave it for 10 minutes or so, then plug the keyboard back in and start the computer all is O.K.
>
> Each time I shut the computer down I have to unplug the keyboard, then plug it back in before I start it.
>
> Any Ideas anyone?
>
> Ken
>
>
> --
>

N/A

Thats really odd.... I had the same problem last night, I tried reconnecting, trying a different keyboard and everything, but this message came up. (Keyboard error) although I could actually use the keyboard to navigate around the bios!!

eventually I reconnected my mouse and suddenly the keyboard was happy again.

That probably doesnt help you much, but I wanted to mention!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi
>
> I have a little problem which is a bit of an inconvenience more than anything, which has just started up recently. I wondered if anyone else had had this problem and knows what causes it.
>
> When I start up my computer after it's been shut down I get the message that there is no keyboard connected or there is a fault with the keyboard.( it doesn't do this after re-start). If I shut down the computer and unplug the keyboard, leave it for 10 minutes or so, then plug the keyboard back in and start the computer all is O.K.
>
> Each time I shut the computer down I have to unplug the keyboard, then plug it back in before I start it.
>
> Any Ideas anyone?
>
> Ken
>
>
> --
>

I have that with one USB keyboard I have, comes down to the USB hub in the keyboard, neeeds fixing or replaced. Fixing costs more than replacing which is what I did.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017