cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just migrated and P2P and Limewire are flying

N/A

Hi all
Just migrated to my new provider Names and my P2P connections, which were woefully slow, are now flying. Previous to this with PlusNet I couldnt even get connected on Limewire and Azureus was struggling to get above 2k/s. Anyway I'm happy now with Names who took 3 days to migrate me, charged nothing and provide an excellent service, great technical support and superb webmail facilities. Check them out here: XXXXXXXX

Good luck.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Advertising url removed
Also topic moved as this is a more apt forum for such a discussion
14 REPLIES
N/A

Was there really any need to spam your webpage? Why not just say who the new supplier is? :?
N/A

erm, the OP stated in the second line of there post what the name of the new ISP was that they were migrating to :?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Have to say Names are pretty damn good, I requested a MAC key from PNet, recieved it 2 hours later, spent 5 mins the names website and will be migrated in 3-5 days. Their technical support answers in 1-2 mins with helpful and courteous assistants . Thanks Cyard...only to pleased for the link.
N/A

It is spam because he's earning from the clicks on the banner.

www.namesco.co.uk for a direct link. Looks interesting.
N/A

yeah a mod should edit the URL
N/A

What a miserable lot you are. As far as I'm concerned the guy is welcome to a kick back for first hand information regarding who to go with. Several friends are looking to sign up with Names and I asked them all to click through from his site. Thanks Cyard.
Firejack
Grafter

A mod will edit the link as its advertising and thats against the forum rules . Plus this really isn't the place for feedback on other ISPs. Try ADSLguide.org.uk for that.

EDIT: Looks like the OP has just edited his post to point directly to the affiliate page and not his Plus.net webspace Wink
N/A

What a miserable lot you are. As far as I'm concerned the guy is welcome to a kick back for first hand information regarding who to go with.

Call me a cynic, but I always take recommendations that come with an associated affiliate ID with more than a small pinch of salt...

No personal offence meant - it's just the way I see things.
N/A

Exactly spillet, and what did this guy do too impress you so much firejack? he signed up especially to spam his site, which contains nothing but a little bit of text and then an affiliate link.

Maybe if he'd spent his evenings on here trying to get support and helping other people out, i'd be obliged to sign up through the link... :roll:
suec45
Grafter

Hmmm one post, and its an ad for another ISP with a money making link attached.

That sucks dood.

DOnt listen to this guy, get some other opinons as he cant be trusted, hes making money from the link.

Their 19.99 package is expensive for 10gb cap.

The £24.99 for 60gb cap but unlimited off peak downloads looks good, but does that mean 60gb peak? If so thats double what we get here at plusnet for only £3 more. I guyess it depends on the extent of the throttling tho. Can it be as bad as here at plusnet?
SimonJDay
Grafter

And if you go for their 60gb cap their peak time is 6am to 1am. I refuse to become nocturnal for any ISP!
N/A

Can it be as bad as here at plusnet?

You are joking of course? Huge waiting times for tech support, lies from support tech regarding P2P connection, bandwidth down to 20-30k when browsing or updating my system on-line at peak hours...I could go on and on...what possibly could be worse.

I have 2 friends on Names and they swear by them...and I'm off asap...and I'll even click on cyards link just to bug you PlusNetters who seem to think their service is somehow acceptable.

BTW I presume you all know BT is in the process of buying PlusNet.
shellsong
Grafter

BTW I presume you all know BT is in the process of buying PlusNet.

What still? Tongue :lol:
N/A

lies from support tech

+++ i hate being the sucker