cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just in time...

N/A

Just in time...

Hi folks.

Well, this is it, my last day with PlusNet - for the time being, at least. Sadly for me, the responsiveness and reliability of my PlusNet connection has plummeted over the past six months to the point that I couldn't rely upon it any more.

So, tomorrow I am off to try another ISP. One which doesn't do traffic shaping. One which admittedly IS more expensive, but appears to offer greater network bandwidth, and as they have a one month contract, if it doesn't work out, well...

Farewell, all, it has been fun and I have enjoyed my PlusNet time in the main (last few months notwithstanding).

Good luck to all who remain, wish me well in my new adventure into ISPs unknown... Smiley

john
4 REPLIES
N/A

Just in time...

*****the responsiveness and reliability of my PlusNet connection has plummeted over the past six months to the point that I couldn't rely upon it any more.****

bu bu but....PN is quite good using it from about 12 midnight to about 8 am. All you need to do is re-arrange your life.
N/A

Just in time...

Moved to a more apt part of the forums.

~~~~~

I wish you all the best with whichever ISP you choose.

Drop in and let us know how you are getting on, and whom with.

Also worth dropping into www.plusnetters.co.uk to keep in touch with current and ex-plusnet customers.
alankay
Grafter

Just in time...

I started my new life with a new ISP today....all going swimmingly at the mo. Speed 5823/208...extremely happy Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

Just in time...

Well, I expect to be switched over sometime today - I don't know whether there'll be an overlap or an outage - hopefully not an outage, but I'm prepared anyway.

I've gone with Zen as I liked what they offer, and the extra couple of quid a month isn't enough to be worrying about.

I have to stress that I've been pretty satisfied with Plusnet, however. It's just that the past few months things have started to slide for me, and I can't be doing with extreme traffic shaping...

john