cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just for a Laugh (and totally tounge in cheek)

Community Veteran

If you want to be a mod but don't have enough posts here's your chance to boost your post count - or even if you just want to boost your post count.

2 rules from me though

1) try and make the thread entertaining to read and not just *bump* in every other post Tongue

2) this is totally tounge in cheek and intented for a laugh; as oppossed to encouraging spaming of the boards - No serious debate please ;-)

that said I need some IRN-BRU
18 REPLIES
N/A

Daniel,

Trust you to start a thread like this LOL :lol:

Well it would be entertaining to see on the one hand I suppose.
Community Veteran

MON the IRN-BRU!!!

The worlds unhealthest drink and I have a big bottle of it beside me as I skive in college!
Community Veteran

lol! I like the glass bottles best. Get other peoples and take them back to the shop then keep the 20p /bottle!
Community Veteran

I haven't done that for years! Don't know anywhere that sells glass bottles round here although you see all the neds walking about with it, irn-bru in the left hand and buckie in the right!
N/A

Being a multi national race round here you see all sorts of drinks flaoting about :lol:

But the most popular by far is Coca-Cola which was at one point said to be a hackers drink and then again renamed to be a comp geeks drink Huh :lol: ( I have a bottle of Coca-Cola beside me. Does this make me a computer geek or a hacker??)

I think what this place is well known for is for the youths hang around town ( as they do everywhere ) in their cars on the market place chatting, reving their engines, driving around the same 2 roundabouts for the entire time that night life is on going, even younger kids on hair dryers with wheels trying to look ultra cool ( until i pull up on the Dragstar lol ) and all sorts.

Whats happening to this town, its being chavenised Sad

Anyone else suffer from the same bug in their home town/village/city ?
Community Veteran

I don't know about where you are in Glasgow but if you fancy a bit of a trek sometime IIRC Soave's in Muirhead sell them. Take the x37 or x39 from buchanan (or if you've got loadsa time take the scenic route and get the 36 Tongue) on the x37 or x39 you'll go down the M80 and come off at dolly parton roundabout (mind you that's a bit obvious since it's the end of the motorway!) then you'll pass a BP garage and head into a village get off an it's just across the road!
N/A

Just wasted 5 minutes of my afternoon reading this thread :roll:
Denzil
Grafter

The youth-in-small-cars/scooters phenomenon is universal. Every town has them, covering their Corsas and Saxos in little blue lights and driving round in circles.
N/A

Denzil,

The lights arent too bad if placed right. Thats like modding your tower unit or your system with watercooling and using UV lights.

Its the driving round in circles bit that gets me. Its like building a system to turn it on and move the cursor from left to right and back again and do nothing else with it.

Besides I was thinking about stripping my bike to bits clean it out after the winter and then put some lights underneath.

Could you imagine this machine on the road at night with lights underneath it

I reckon if placed right, it would rather nice.

But thats my opinion Smiley
Community Veteran

If PN do a customer forum in the summer they'll have to pick you again so you can turn up and impress everyone with the bike Tongue
N/A

Daniel lol,

Its only a small little 125 that thing.
Although I am hoping to find a way to beef the top end and torque up just a little bit as its not yet to my liking.

12 liter tank and I get around 300 miles to the tank. Not bad for a little banger hey Wink
Community Veteran

i could always just hop into my car and drive down but its quite a distance from me and I noticed the wee newagent across the road that i never go in sells them!
N/A

Daniel, the word is spelt "tongue", not "tounge". I'll just go and sit down in the longue, shall I?:lol:

Eh up, we're onto "ricers" now, are we? Everyone needs a hobby, I suppose! And cruising is a recognised pastime. It's the pointless airfoils that get my goat. If you come up behind one of them too fast, tom, you'll be sliced, if not diced.:shock:

I have to ask, as a self-confessed Sassenach. "Dolly Parton" roundabout? Well, erm, "mounded up", is it?
N/A

Hey? What? Huh?

Sorry what did you mean with that last statement/question? Im not a full grown biker yet yanno lol Wink

Until the day we can fix a laptop to a bike and use it whilst driving, I wont be becoming a hardcore biker :lol: