cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a lovely day

N/A

Just a lovely day

In Anglesey, time for some fishing and a photo!!

Holyhead Harbour

Just to break up the mood, thats the only reason I thought to show it, no paticular reason at all lol!
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Just a lovely day

I learned to sail in Holyhead harbour Cheesy
N/A

Just a lovely day

there were a few yachts out today, bit windy for them tho, One seemed to be playing chicken with the two high speed catamarans lol!
N/A

Just a lovely day

I don't know what it is about North Wales, I just plain love it.

Aside from living there for 1/3rd of my life, I just can't get enough of the mountains. I walk up and down Snowdon on a whim, and enjoy driving around getting lost for no apparent reason.

Anglesey is just fantastic. Loads of corners to crash on though Cheesy
N/A

Just a lovely day

yeah, there are a few nasty places where people get killed here reguarly, same all over the country I suppose. Had a bad one here 2 years back myself, ran off the road, 70mph straight into a roadside sign that didnt give. Its not exactly one of the 'safer' areas to drive in.

I was talking to the guy i was fishing with, saying to him, how lucky we are to walk out of our front doors, and have mountains, countryside & the sea right outside, would not swap it with city life at all.
N/A

Just a lovely day

I have friends that live in Holyhead and have looked quite a bit at houses in the surounding area.

I used to live in Conwy, where my parents owned/leased a pub. It gets a bit boring to go there on holiday now, to know everybody rather than go on holiday for get away from things Cheesy

The one thing that seriously does my head in, in N Wales is the amount of mobile speed traps. I don't do over the limit unless it is safe, but it's getting daft out there to get anywhere on safe stretches.

I had a close one in Treaddur a few weeks back, after driving down from the Kingsland area of Holyhead. Normaly I curse busses, by I thanked the one I got stuck behind, as I was about 5 seconds shy of getting a ticket.

I must admit, I hadn't actualy been on to Anglesey for some years by car (mostly by train, when off for a good old knees up over the pond) and I couldn't beleive how much time the A55 now shaves off the journey.
N/A

Just a lovely day

yeah the speed traps are a joke here, Brunstrom has gone mental, but he has VERY recently admitted to the fact they are not working, the areas where the traps are the accidents have actually increased!
N/A

Just a lovely day

yeah, there are a few nasty places where people get killed here reguarly,

The same people? Shurely shome mishtakeHuh

And now ... sitting back and waiting for the next big announcement ...
N/A

Just a lovely day

yeah, its the same people, us First responders are really good at our jobs lol!!

GAWD I walked into that one, no, usually the same corners on the same roads lol, and I do mean the same corner, one place, its the same down to the last metre!
N/A

Just a lovely day

Which corner is that?
N/A

Just a lovely day

DOH!