cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese broad band 100Mbps for £90?

N/A

A friend at work told me that the domestic broadband in Japan (or parts of i.e. Tokyo) had a connection of about 20Mbps. A quick Google and I found that there’s similar options; ADSL, Cable TV and Wireless. There was also an option for a ‘limited edition’ fibre optic connection which works out at about £90 a month? Also From what I found a 40Mbps ADSL connection would set you back about £28 a month.
Once again the Japanese are at the for front of technology while we are chipping websites out of lumps of flint and going ooooh when we hear someone’s got a 2Mbps connection. All I can say is I want one! Cry
2 REPLIES
N/A

Indeed. This is somthing I would love to see here too, but it won't happen any time soon.

The network is just not capable at this time, it would cost millions for cable a whole town and ISPs are not equiped to cope with such demand.

The good news is that BT have annonced network upgrades to do this.

The bad news, it's outdated, gonna cost a lot and won't be delivered for years.

The government had a major role in stopping us getting it. Back in the early 80's, BT wanted to rollout FTTH. The government "err, no, this is the cable companies job" to promote competition.

Look what we got out of that. Two main cable player, of which both are only just out of the Red, and which neither have any rollout plan for the next 5 years, even in there existing franchise areas.
N/A

I really do hate england now i really do. I want 2 be able2 host loads on xbox live. Why god why. When i get some money in the future i am off 2 japan thats it