cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOKE EMail disclaimer

N/A

JOKE EMail disclaimer

I reckon I might put this on instead of our corporate one, see how long it before anybody notices.....

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.

If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored.

No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the terrier next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft. However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets.

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.

PS:
absquatulation (noun)
Definition
The action of going away suddenly and squatting somewhere; making off, decamping
I knew you'd be interested Wink
2 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

JOKE EMail disclaimer

It would make more sense than most of the disclaimers and guff that's attached to emails.

absquatulate: made up word
(well Chambers nearly says as much - calls it "facetious" and " U.S.")

Apart from technical terms, that must be the first new word I've come across on the forums. Congratulations. Tongue
N/A

JOKE EMail disclaimer

Source: Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
Copyright © 2003-2005 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

Coming soon to a dictionary near you?

The Times Online also makes reference to it in one of its 'word watch' features
here