cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's so easy to identify a criminal

N/A

How easy it is, anyone who wears a hood ( T. Blair PM) or wears a baseball cap ((Bluewater shopping administrators) is a criminal. Lets get rid of trials and just send to prisons those we deam criminals. I dislike nose and eyebrow jewelry, so they must all be criminals.

I remember reading about a lady in difficulties, who, from a crowded street came to her rescue, a PUNK!
27 REPLIES
chymorva
Grafter

:?: :?: Sorry, lost me !!
N/A

Watch the news. Blair has decided that hoods should be banned, and Blue water are banning people with baseball caps. The basis being that they are thugs.
chymorva
Grafter

Aah, I see now. Sorry. Shockedops:
Re. your dit about the lady in difficulties - I remember seeing similar to that on TV many years ago. The picture showed a punk and an old lady, with the punk making off with her shopping bag. The clip was then run to show that he was, in fact, helping her to pick up her shopping after her having fallen. The point being that things aren't always what they first appear to be.
N/A

The Blunkett rears its ugly head yet again!!

Hi,

In a similar vein I see that strange labour croney of the PM's Mr.David Blunkett is back again (Goude talk about jobs for Mr Blairs best mates!!) I'm sure he will be pushing through ID cards yet again for enth!! time, even though he's supposedly to be fiddling with pensions of all things now? I'm still convinced he just wants to rule the world in his spare time? :roll:

1) Theres No! proof that ID cards would ever make our country safer. I am yet to be convinced bye all the labour spin on this subject.

2) All the 9/11 bombers & Al Quida people ALL had high quality ID as thats how they pulled off 9/11 anyway but thats a little fact that the government doesnt want you to be reminded of .

3) If we were very very unfortunate & the government were to force ID cards upon us all, then this is dependant upon extremely sophisticated IT systems being put in place and successfully implemented.

Unfortunately or fortunately for us successive governments have an absolutely absymal track record of successfully delivering BIG computer projects. Successive governements have made the same idiotic stupid dumb mistakes time and again by giving huge contracts to the lowest priced bidders like EDS. EDS have a terrible track record such as with the child support agency, the passport office systems,etc,etc. Even if the government wants us all to have ID cards I cannot see it being successful, more like another labour white elephant (like the dome!!) and it will be a waste of millions of pounds of UK tax payers money for nothing.

**Gosh!! that was a bit of a rant wasnt it?

Ivan
N/A

Blair has decided that hoods should be banned, and Blue water are banning people with baseball caps. The basis being that they are thugs.

In all honesty though - do you really need to wear your hood up in an indoor shopping centre? The main reason I can think of is to disguise your features which indicates that you are planning on something dodgy.

There's a few shops round here that request people not to wear hoods or hats when they are in the shop - the same as petrol stations ask motor cyclists to remove their helmets.

So maybe the media are jumping on something and misinterpreting it? Granted just randomly arresting anyone who wears a hoody / baseball cap is a bit dodgy - but the government tend to like that approach at the minute.
N/A

How paranoid is that?

Hi,

I just heard on BBC Radio 4 this morning program that a suggestion was made that anyone wearing a hood in blue water or possibly esle where should be treated as carrying a lethal weapon. OMG!!! what kind of culture are we living in when it gets too this level of fear & paranoia?Huh

Sick or what!! if young people are so demonised like this how are they supposed to feel? This sounds like one step away from the kind of things that the nazi's did to the jews before the holocauste. Will all young people have to wear yellow stars next??

Ivan
N/A

I also heard the solution to the problem on radio 4, which someone had mailed in last night.
Lets get everyone over 50 to start wearing the same style clothing. After all what fashionable teen would be seen wearing the same as their grand parents. Smiley

Btw, am right with you on the Id card scheme. You can just see now the wasted time/money/resources poured into the project, then will come all the problems issuing them and knock on effects. Passports, Tax, Child Support when will the government learn about trying to implement large scale IT systems. Remember when they tell you how much it will cost and how long it will take - and at least double it. Oh, they still havent said how it will stop "international terrorism".
N/A

Its a mindset

I think even if the government could surgically chip each person with their own ID Chip (shudder at the thought though!! Errrrr!!!) it still wouldnt stop international terrorism. The thing that is extremely clever or scarry or both perhaps is that terrorism is a MINDSET!! a way of thinking & seeing the world as a whole (divided into the pure blessed one's and the infidell one's) and thats why the statement from Mr. Bush is so absurd it always makes LOL!!

Look there is no such thing as a war on terrorism, how can you kill a many headed hyra, an entity that is self replicating, self dividing and autonomous, in many places all at the same time. The best way to defeat such a thing is help change the mindset so that people dont see and think of the world in those terms.

It does mean tackling some of the inequalities in the wider world, like trade inbalances, like the fact that Mr.Bush thinks he's got a god given right to spread democracy across the planet. You CANNOT force democracy on a peoples it has to be their own choice, they have to want democracy themselves in the first place. They have to choose what kind of democracy they want not Bush or Blair.

**I'm againt any form of extremism or ism religious or otherwise, wheather its Ian Paisly in Ireland or Facism is Germany, or Russia or the BMP or Combat18 in the UK

Ivan
N/A

Has there ever been a survey as to why MPs become MPs. Of course it would have to be anonimous, even then I doubt they would tell the truth. I beleive that most of them are control freeks, and it is their best oportunity to do just that.

Certainly they do not think the laws through. Can you beleive that the Americans insist that return addresses are put on all mail to the USA from outside the country, this is to stop nasties being sent. So BIn is not going to send any nasties becuase he is incapable of putting someone elses name and address on the package.

We have to put up with ridiculous laws governing opening new bank accounts, this is to stop criminals from doing so and laundering money. I bet it is a huge obstacle to them!

The Labour Chancellor mucks up pensions with taxes then the government spend millions in trying to put it right.

They rename the Department of trade and industry, decide to put it's old name back, claiming it only cost a man with a screwdriver to replace the name plate. Who are they kidding, apart from else owt how many tons of headed note paper will now be pulped?
Metalguru
Grafter

N/A

Except that amny say most of the hoods are in the House of Parliament!
chymorva
Grafter

Hmm... TB might have a point. See here, specifically para 3. Wink
N/A

I gotta agree with part of it, its like motorcycle helmets like someone else said further up, they are asking for them not to be worn inside the shopping centre, so if someone does do something daft, they are easily identified.

Stating that all kids that wear hoodies are thugs is ridiculous tho, its simple stereotyping, and in another form would be considered racist, but I guess its hard to find a balance.
N/A

the idea behind it is easy to see, as ^^people have noted above, the hoods/caps disguise features, which put people on edge. The general idea being , we dont hide unless we have something to hide.

As with a lot of street fashion, and thats just what is it, the originality is from gangs/cru's whatever the hip word is. So, if u see your boy-next-door suddenly wearin one leg of his trouser up and one down, will u assume he has murdered some1?
my point is, its fashion to these people, and very few wear there clothes with the originality it was intended.

Conform or be cast out? lol !

I remember before hoodies n cappies (chavs) it was stuff against the "goths".
OMG she/he has 20 piercings in one eyebrow - bad bad bad person - pfft!

We all know, should know, clothes dont really make a person. We should all also remeber how hard it is being a teenager/child, how if we dont conform one way or another, we are out-casts. lol. i forget myself how hard it was.

It easy to see where TB is coming from, but it dosnt make it right. In fact, it will probably cause more contention than is around now.
what i mean is, what teenager (come to think of it, what person) likes bein told what to do or wear?

me, ill just sit here, with my badhair day wrapped up in a baseball cap. :roll: