cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a page that setails available router ports?

N/A

Hi all

I'm sure it has been posted before somewhere, but is there a opage on the WWW that lists the available ports in a router's configuration. I have had some attempts on port 4182 and can't for the life of me find out what protocol it is supposed to be.

Thanks

Mark
4 REPLIES
fraserc
Grafter

Mark,

Pick from the list:

<http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=service+ports&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBShockedfficial>

From a quick look it seems that 4182 is the request port used by various P2P services so attempts to connect on this port are probaby legitimate services trying to identify cooperating servers.

Hope this sets your mind at rest javascript:emoticon('Smiley')

Colin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I found the following at http://www.kaboodle.org/help_faqs.html

A9: What TCP/IP ports does Kaboodle use?
Currently, Kaboodle acccepts incoming connections on UDP port 4182 and makes outgoing connections on UDP port 4183 for its Gnutella-based Partner discovery. If Zebedee is installed, Kaboodle will make use of it on TCP port 11965 (Zeebedee's default port).

A10: Can I use Kaboodle from behind a firewall or proxy server?
Kaboodle's VPN functions can be used from behind a firewall or proxy server by opening TCP ports 4182, 4183 and, optionally, 11965 if Zebedee is installed on the firewall and, if necessary, port-forwarding it to the machine running Kaboodle.
N/A

Thanks peeps. That's the problem with a dynamic IP, you don't know who had it before you and what they did with it.

Cheers

Mark
N/A

Hmm, turns out to have nothing to do with p2p applications. I have found on the WWW an interesting thread about using the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor that causes a router to see it's operation as a SYN flood on a different port each time. There is no info about how to stop it happening though which is a bit of a bummer.

I use this editor in my installation of Joomla. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen with my other site which also runs Joomla, only on a FreeVirtualServers website and only in IE6 :? :? .

(Scratches head and walks away)

Mark